Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Your thoughts on..................

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Your thoughts on..................

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Mateya49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your thoughts on..................

Hello,

Doing some reasearch on some good quality electric jet companies.

Can you please tell me your thoughts and opinions of the following companies. Basically are they good or do they suck?

1) EJF.com Electric Jet Factory

2) USArcjets.com

3) alphahobby.com

4) horizonhobby.com

5) hobby-lobby.com

6) EDFplanes.com

7) raidentech.com

8) grandhobby.com

Anybody know about these websites that offer EDF jets? If you didnt know about them then you are welcome. No, im kidding. Just want to know where to buy some quality jets from.

I know that usarcjets is expensive and I would probably buy one eventually, i wanted something a little less inexpensive until i can actually fly a jet good.

Thanks,

Drew
Old 09-16-2011, 12:58 PM
rcmiket

Default RE: Your thoughts on..................

Just what is your definition of "quality jets" and what is your price range? I've done business with both EFJ and Hobby Lobby. I've assembled a few from Horizon. You need to narrow down on your requirements if you expect direct honest answers. I might add that you don't even include your skill level. EDF's are totally different than prop planes bit off more than you can chew and your going to have problems.
Mike
Old 09-16-2011, 01:01 PM
djsqueeze
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Mateya49

Hello,

Doing some reasearch on some good quality electric jet companies.

Can you please tell me your thoughts and opinions of the following companies. Basically are they good or do they suck?
1) EJF.com Electric Jet Factory - no experience or knowledge

2) USArcjets.com - no eperience or knowledge

3) alphahobby.com - link is dead

4) horizonhobby.com - maker of some of the finest in RC

5) hobby-lobby.com - a good palce to buy

6) EDFplanes.com - parent company is NITROPLANES.COM; also Same as #7 (FYI - heli.com is one of theirs too! Now, I have bought from Nitro and HobbyPartz.com with good service when something is not right.)

7) raidentech.com - see #6

8) grandhobby.com - no experience or knowledge

Anybody know about these websites that offer EDF jets? If you didnt know about them then you are welcome. No, im kidding. Just want to know where to buy some quality jets from.

I know that usarcjets is expensive and I would probably buy one eventually, i wanted something a little less inexpensive until i can actually fly a jet good.

Thanks,

Drew
Old 09-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Mateya49

I guess what I am getting at is what is a decent jet to learn off of that is not too expensive so i can start to learn.  I did not want to spend $500+ dollars on my first jet.  I want to learn with an ok jet and then purchase and expensive one.

Thanks,

Drew
Old 09-17-2011, 03:50 AM
rcmiket

From looking at your past posts I gather your rather new to the hobby. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. If all you have flown is a high wing trainer you have a ways to go before you can handle a EDF. Not saying you can't but more stick time would help. They react and fly different than a prop plane. I'm not knocking you just trying to point you in the right direction. My first was a 64mm F-18 from Hobby Lobby had a blast with it them gave it to a kid who had progressed and was ready for a new challenge that was over 3 years ago and he still flies it today. My second was their 70mm F-16 another fun aircraft till I did a split S too low. My Panther and A-10 are very easy to fly but do require my full attention. I have well over 500 in each of those due to upgrades I did.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84671.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1663329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10467.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	1663330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57043.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1663331   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx66751.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1663332  
Old 09-17-2011, 10:36 PM
djsqueeze
My Feedback: (7)

Hey mike,
where'd you get your A-10? If that's it in those pics, it's gorgeous. My favorite plane, I might add.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:11 AM
gary41
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: djsqueeze

Hey mike,
where'd you get your A-10? If that's it in those pics, it's gorgeous. My favorite plane, I might add.
I have that A-10, also...made by LX Models. Purchased from http://www.toysonics.com/a-10-wartho...oor-flaps.html

-Gary
Old 09-18-2011, 06:42 AM
rcmiket

ORIGINAL: djsqueeze

Hey mike,

It is the LX A-10. Picked it up from Banana Hobby. Fly's great, the retracts were garbage and were replaced with E Flights otherwise no issues.
Mike