Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

XB-70 EDF

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: XB-70 EDF

Uh. Now LightInTheBox is refunding me because the Valkyrie is out of stock. Does anyone have a lead on where to get another one?
Old 05-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Sessholvlaru

So everywhere is sold out of the XB-70, I tried ordered from a couple of "direct from China" sites that listed it in stock, only to be refunded saying it actually wasn't.

However, I have found out that EasyTiger Models has gotten their hands on the last XB-70's in existence (probably). I am told they have 8, and I just ordered one so you do the math.

http://easytigermodels.com/index.php...roducts_id=139
Old 05-11-2012, 03:04 PM
gary41
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let us know if you actually receive one from Easy Tiger!
Old 05-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Sessholvlaru

ORIGINAL: gary41

Let us know if you actually receive one from Easy Tiger!
I have had a few transactions with Easy Tiger, no issues. I will be sure to follow up here though.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:43 AM
hadatom

Good news from China. I have been informed from NiceSky that the XB-70 is back in production. I will be posting some pictures soon of my modifications tp increase thrust. Been very busy at work.
-

Hi,

Yes, we still make it.

But the foam packing will be ready in one week.

I will inform you when it is ready.

Best Regards,

Eliza Song

-

Nicesky Model Co. Ltd.

www.nicesky.net [/b]

[email protected]

Skype ID: elizabeth.song0907

Ph: 0086-186 7667 4900

Tel: 0086-0755 2998 5169

Fax: 0086-0755 2998 5159

B401 of Wan Li Ye Technology Park,

ChongQing Road , QiaoTou of FuYong,

Bao’an Shenzhen, China.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Sessholvlaru

Still waiting for my XB-70 from EasyTiger. Any word on anyone else getting these in stock?
Old 06-22-2012, 04:12 AM
hadatom

I have been informed by Nicesky, the manufacturer that they now have several XB-70s in stock. You can order directly from them. Below is their message

Dear Michael,
We have XB70 limited stocks here.
If you want to get one, please let me know.
Thanks!
Best Regards,
Eliza Song
-
Nicesky Model Co. Ltd.
Skype ID: elizabeth.song0907
Ph: 0086-186 7667 4900
Tel: 0086-0755 2998 5169
Fax: 0086-0755 2998 5159
B401 of Wan Li Ye Technology Park,
ChongQing Road , QiaoTou of FuYong,
Bao’an Shenzhen, China.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Sessholvlaru

I am still waiting for my XB-70 to show up from EasyTiger Models. It sounds like ETM is waiting for NiceSky to send them the planes. -Frustrated.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:52 PM
gary41

ORIGINAL: Sessholvlaru

I am still waiting for my XB-70 to show up from EasyTiger Models. It sounds like ETM is waiting for NiceSky to send them the planes. -Frustrated.
And then, there is a very good probability that Easy Tiger has NOT ordered them.....you might want to check the local BBB for further info.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Sessholvlaru

ORIGINAL: gary41

And then, there is a very good probability that Easy Tiger has NOT ordered them.....you might want to check the local BBB for further info.
I know ETM and Curtis himself, was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. So far not looking good.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Sessholvlaru

Got my spare XB-70 from EasyTiger Models a few days ago and assembled it. This one came with white plastic retracts and wheels as opposed to the blue ones my other Valkyrie has. Flew it last weekend and it flies great. As anticipated it has awesome slow speed characteristics (every delta I have ever flown does). Top speed isn't pulse pounding, but considering how large it is I'm not surprised. I think I might go ahead and make the canards controllable.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:16 AM
Joe 1320

Glad it worked out. I wonder if the retracts have been updated. The original ones would were weak in the strut and would fold on landing.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Sessholvlaru

Nope they are the same ones just white. Actually my first XB with the blue retracts came with an ungraded nose gear. This one has the easily bent wire.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:49 AM
hadatom

You have to change the nose gear wire and replace it with same diameter piano wire. I havn't had problems since. I fly mine with an 1800 mAh Nanotech 65-130A, this high amp battery is lighter and gives it full after burner on take-off, takeoff roll is reduced by at least 50%. It tiptoes in on landing.With a 2200 mAh, it is more lumbering and nose heavy. I have to add 1/4 to 1/2 oz in the back to compensate.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32007.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1783568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83936.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1783569  
Old 07-19-2012, 10:54 AM
hadatom

The picture I sent in the previous post shows the alteration I did to the exhaust. Got rid of the sexfurcation and put in a single tube. Not as pretty but more power.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:03 AM
XMech2k
My Feedback: (2)

Got my spare XB-70 from EasyTiger Models a few days ago and assembled it. This one came with white plastic retracts and wheels as opposed to the blue ones my other Valkyrie has. Flew it last weekend and it flies great. As anticipated it has awesome slow speed characteristics (every delta I have ever flown does). Top speed isn't pulse pounding, but considering how large it is I'm not surprised. I think I might go ahead and make the canards controllable.
Wow! Just found this thread today, as I usually hang out on other forums. I ordered this plane from ETM on May24, my CC was charged May25, and I got a confirmation of the order. Waited a month, (The website implied they had them in stock) then I inquired. Reply was that they'll be in later that week. Later that week, I inquired again, and coincidentally they just got notified that they just cleared customs that day and would have them the next day. (That e-mail was on July2, you know him personally and got it over a week later?) In my eyes, that was strike 3, starting with the site implying they were in stock and 2 weeks delivery time, not to mention charging my card when they didn't have anything to ship to me. I requested a refund. That was July3. On July16 I checked with my CC and no refund had been issued yet, almost 2 weeks later. Sent him an e-mail and got a response that they tried to issue the refund but were not allowed to as the transaction was over 30 days old, but they'll send me a money order (I NEVER requested anything of the sort, they brought that up themselves. And why didn't they do anything when they couldn't do the credit? More on that later...) and will send me the tracking number for it later that day. I called my CC and they were puzzled. They said any vendor can issue a credit at any time. At their suggestion, I filed the fraud claim and they credited me the money. Of course, I never got any tracking # or money order. On July 23 (a week later) I get what looks like an automated e-mail that says my order status has changed from pending to chargeback. I e-mail them to tell them not to bother with the money order, as the CC already credited me due to the fraud claim. Of course I expressed some displeasure at how everything went down. Who wouldn't. To which I get this reply:

According to our cc processor, you had already done a chargeback, while
simultaneously asking for a money order.
Our processor does not allow a refund beyond thirty days. Others may be
different.
We did also check, when you ordered the b70, there was a very clear
message in the listing that the planes were not in stock and were on
order. You simply missed it.
Everyone else who ordered one had received theirs.
Thanks
Etm

So they are actually accusing me of trying to swindle them (HAH!) and that the website said they were not in stock. I ordered from them only after an extensive search of lots of websites that said out of stock, and only ordered from them as their site led me to believe they do have them in stock.

And today he sends out a mass e-mail (At least looks like it) stating that they got 5 of these in yesterday! Hurry and get them while they last! LOL!

Whew! Sorry for the rant. Curtiss seems like a very arrogant person who just expects people to send money to him, a complete stranger who already somehow earned a not so great reputation, and then to not question in the least what's going on. Then accusing the customer of being the antagonist? Oh, and he raised the price on the XB-70 now as well. Perhaps he thinks I'm stupid enough to order from him again?

ANYWAYS, it looks like I'll be able to get one of these anyway.

Sessholvlaru, how does Curtiss stay out of jail? I'm still waiting the threatening e-mails from him because I'm posting my experience with ETM. If I had known from the beginning the true state of what's going on, I could have waited longer. He assumes everyone knows what's the situation? ESP I guess?
Old 07-24-2012, 01:13 PM
hadatom

Why don't you save yourself the aggravation and order directly from NiceSky.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Sessholvlaru

ORIGINAL: XMech2k

Wow! Just found this thread today, as I usually hang out on other forums. I ordered this plane from ETM on May24, my CC was charged May25, and I got a confirmation of the order. Waited a month, (The website implied they had them in stock) then I inquired. Reply was that they'll be in later that week. Later that week, I inquired again, and coincidentally they just got notified that they just cleared customs that day and would have them the next day. (That e-mail was on July2, you know him personally and got it over a week later?) In my eyes, that was strike 3, starting with the site implying they were in stock and 2 weeks delivery time, not to mention charging my card when they didn't have anything to ship to me. I requested a refund. That was July3. On July16 I checked with my CC and no refund had been issued yet, almost 2 weeks later. Sent him an e-mail and got a response that they tried to issue the refund but were not allowed to as the transaction was over 30 days old, but they'll send me a money order (I NEVER requested anything of the sort, they brought that up themselves. And why didn't they do anything when they couldn't do the credit? More on that later...) and will send me the tracking number for it later that day. I called my CC and they were puzzled. They said any vendor can issue a credit at any time. At their suggestion, I filed the fraud claim and they credited me the money. Of course, I never got any tracking # or money order. On July 23 (a week later) I get what looks like an automated e-mail that says my order status has changed from pending to chargeback. I e-mail them to tell them not to bother with the money order, as the CC already credited me due to the fraud claim. Of course I expressed some displeasure at how everything went down. Who wouldn't. To which I get this reply:

According to our cc processor, you had already done a chargeback, while
simultaneously asking for a money order.
Our processor does not allow a refund beyond thirty days. Others may be
different.
We did also check, when you ordered the b70, there was a very clear
message in the listing that the planes were not in stock and were on
order. You simply missed it.
Everyone else who ordered one had received theirs.
Thanks
Etm

So they are actually accusing me of trying to swindle them (HAH!) and that the website said they were not in stock. I ordered from them only after an extensive search of lots of websites that said out of stock, and only ordered from them as their site led me to believe they do have them in stock.

And today he sends out a mass e-mail (At least looks like it) stating that they got 5 of these in yesterday! Hurry and get them while they last! LOL!

Whew! Sorry for the rant. Curtiss seems like a very arrogant person who just expects people to send money to him, a complete stranger who already somehow earned a not so great reputation, and then to not question in the least what's going on. Then accusing the customer of being the antagonist? Oh, and he raised the price on the XB-70 now as well. Perhaps he thinks I'm stupid enough to order from him again?

ANYWAYS, it looks like I'll be able to get one of these anyway.

Sessholvlaru, how does Curtiss stay out of jail? I'm still waiting the threatening e-mails from him because I'm posting my experience with ETM. If I had known from the beginning the true state of what's going on, I could have waited longer. He assumes everyone knows what's the situation? ESP I guess?
I don't know what to say other than that I got mine. I know nothing about his business practices. Where else did you find a source to get one?
Old 07-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Sessholvlaru

ORIGINAL: hadatom

How? NiceSky doesn't appear to have an e-store. I don't see any way to order one from their site.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:02 PM
gary41

ETM and "Hobby Warehouse" both run what I would refer too as "somewhat shoddy" businesses. Both often say "in stock-ready to ship", however that usually refers to the inventory at the factory or the wholesale warehouse in China. They take our money, up front...then, and only when they have a quantity that qualifies for a discount, do they place an order. In the meantime, they offer excuses for a long delay...never mentioning the likely "real" reason, like they've already spent the funds that you sent them for airplane "X" because they had to spend those funds to pay for previous shipments, or who knows what!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:37 PM
hadatom

Contact Nicesky, the manufacturer. They mentioned to me they could take orders.

http://www.nicesky.net/en/contact.asp

ORIGINAL: hadatom

How? NiceSky doesn't appear to have an e-store. I don't see any way to order one from their site.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:02 PM
hadatom

The XB-70 is currently in stock at Toysonics.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Turbobearcat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just check both places online and they both have this plane is stock....

I am SO BUYING THIS JET!!!! :-D

Anybody have more video or reviews of this jet?
Old 10-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had one since last winter but haven't gotten up the courage to fly it yet.. Got mine at Toysonics and the radio wouldn't work. Wouldn't mix the elevons, and, After screwing around with Toysonics I bought a 25 dollar Tx and Rx from HobbyKing and it works just fine. Guess I'm a chicken!!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Sessholvlaru

It flies like a *****cat, no reason to fear it. The only mod necessary is to replace the nose gear wire, it's very soft.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.