Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

A10 dissapointment

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:28 PM
wowplanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A10 dissapointment

Here is my experience with A10s. I started with the GWS one and had the same problems as some of you have. I tried more battery, more motor, etc, but was never able to get a good flight. Last flight ended nose first into a pond. I like the A10 so decided to build one from scratch. People who say it fly wanted to buy one, so I started a company called Wowplanes. Take a look at the flight videos at http://www.wowplanes.com
Old 01-19-2008, 08:43 AM
rpat

wowplanes,
Very impressive as compared to the GWS one. I may not bother with installing the bigger motors that I have had sitting on the shelf the the GWS one. what units are you running on this one and what size batteries are you running in it?
Rich
Old 01-19-2008, 10:22 AM
wowplanes

The plane is designed for 90 mm fans, a motor with at least 1270Kv, and 6S Lipo.

We have a tested setup - Wemotec 90 mm Midi fans, Mega 22/30/3 brushless motors, two 3700mah 3S1P 20C Lipos wired in series to make a 6S1P battery. ESCs of 40A or greater.

We also sell the fans and the motors.

With this setup the performance is as seen on the flight videos on our website http://www.wowplanes.com

Old 01-19-2008, 01:16 PM
rpat

Thanks for the info wow, do the retracts give you much grief?
Rich
Old 01-19-2008, 05:59 PM
wowplanes

Not really. Each retract is designed as an independent drop in and screwed in module complete with the retract, the servo, and the steering servo in case of the nose wheel. This type of construction minimizes linkages and eliminates bell cranks and other stuff like that, which is where all the problems usually are. I must have had over 50 or more flights on the grey A10 off of grass and had to adjust the wheel axle screw about 3 times or so. Not bad, eh?