Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Rc edf jet advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc edf jet advice

Hi everyone, this is my first post. Used to be big into RC helis and drones years ago. I also have experience with flight simulators. I'm looking at the E-Flite 70mm F16 and I'm wondering if that's a good plane to start with, or if you would recommended something else. I have experience with 2-4 channel transmitters. I've done heavy research and I'm going with a spectrum NX 10 with hopes of flying bigger planes up to 90mm. Any thoughts, tips or tricks to help this semi begginer are appreciated.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:32 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 381 Likes on 307 Posts

First, welcome!

That's an ok plane to learn on but the gear are narrow and it requires some technique, my advice is starting with a HabuSS
The following users liked this post:
USAFDefender (05-25-2022)
Old 05-26-2022, 12:43 AM

Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by USAFDefender
Hi everyone, this is my first post. Used to be big into RC helis and drones years ago. I also have experience with flight simulators. I'm looking at the E-Flite 70mm F16 and I'm wondering if that's a good plane to start with, or if you would recommended something else. I have experience with 2-4 channel transmitters. I've done heavy research and I'm going with a spectrum NX 10 with hopes of flying bigger planes up to 90mm. Any thoughts, tips or tricks to help this semi begginer are appreciated.
Great model to start with if you keep it simple, I was in the similar boat, few decades ago switching from helicopters to jets and couple of "F-16's" by Kyosho were just a few I learn on. No landing gear, I have converted them to bungee launchers. (easiest way to get airborne unless you like to hand launch it)
Few of my recent Eflite and Sapac I have also converted to a sling shooters to keep it simple and light, running hot like a missiles, just pull and let go! No need for landing gear.

Simple convert to a sling shooter.

Falcon variety.

Easy sling launch.

90deg. X-wind launch.