Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Feigao motor into EDF-55 ???

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Feigao motor into EDF-55 ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:09 PM
ILVSMOG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feigao motor into EDF-55 ???

Can someone please help me figure out the best way to mount these little 12mm dia. Feigao motors into a EDF-55 fan case?? I can make motor plates if necessary, but I'm hoping there's a slicker way. Also, can someone tell me what size mounting screws these little motors take?? I'm finally putting my GWS A-10 together and this is holding me up!! Thanks!!
Old 04-21-2006, 11:01 PM
dhpilot

Default RE: Feigao motor into EDF-55 ???

Dont no if that motor will spin that fan very efficiently or not... my a-10 flys well with the edf 50 fan and the 12mm feigao on 11.1 lipo tp 2100... would probably go with a pair of they're 25mm brushless replacements... they'll pop right in...
Old 05-01-2006, 06:57 AM
whissel_blowa

Default RE: Feigao motor into EDF-55 ???

They wont work in the EDF55, you wont get any real thrust. They are made for the 50 size fans where the extra light weight works to give good thrust to weight ratio.

If you are planning to build it light with just CF spars and bracing, then go for any of the Ye or EP series 2030 3400Kv motors, they are 20mm diameter but the front half has machined cooling ribs out to 24mm. You will need to put a little masking tape around them to make them a tight fit in the grey EDF55 housing. The 3400Kv Ye motors will give you 200g thrust each at 8 amps each on a good quality 3s pack, if you build it light it will fly really nice.