Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

RTF SU-27 FLANKER

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 01:49 PM
linkadrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RTF SU-27 FLANKER

Glad to here that some one is having fun with this plane. When are we gonna get to see some flight videos of this thing in action. Thats what we want to to see. i won't get another one till i see how this plane flys with these brushless motors.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:00 AM
R/C-Plane

Those are good looking planes.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:25 AM
whissel_blowa

Linkadrip, I am so sorry, but I pissed myself with your fence video, you meant to land on the fence right??? So many ppl experiencing failures with this plane, its really not funny at the end of the day when you add up the cost.

I flew mine on the weekend, finally finished the build, you can read through it here: http://www.extremerc.com.au/SU27_build.htm

I have a sticky servo problem which combined with high winds limited the fun of the flight, I will rectify servo this week, I also found that with the CG even slightly forward of the stock position it makes the nose drop too much. With my power system it takes off within 3/4s of a cricket pitch and climbs like a real jet Hopefully this week we get video footage of it with the servos etc all sorted.

If you want to see video of another SU27 with my power system in it here is the link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555086

Old 09-18-2006, 07:43 AM
whissel_blowa

Borlax be careful how you run your batteries, they will not last at 20c regardless what ppl tell you. I have run the same 1800 cells as the EVO at 18-19c for up to 60 seconds WOT and after a dozen cycles they are stuffed, cannot even hold 10v at 15 amps anymore.

15c is the max I would use when setting up a system, IE for a 30-33 amp system I would use 2150 20c packs.

Also remember that EDF does not unload in the air, what it pulls in amps on the ground is what it pulls in flight.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:53 PM
linkadrip

ORIGINAL: extreme_rc

Linkadrip, I am so sorry, but I pissed myself with your fence video, you meant to land on the fence right??? So many ppl experiencing failures with this plane, its really not funny at the end of the day when you add up the cost.

I flew mine on the weekend, finally finished the build, you can read through it here: http://www.extremerc.com.au/SU27_build.htm

I have a sticky servo problem which combined with high winds limited the fun of the flight, I will rectify servo this week, I also found that with the CG even slightly forward of the stock position it makes the nose drop too much. With my power system it takes off within 3/4s of a cricket pitch and climbs like a real jet Hopefully this week we get video footage of it with the servos etc all sorted.

If you want to see video of another SU27 with my power system in it here is the link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555086

So you saw the fence video yes that was the last time it flew. i repaired it but it has been damaged so many times i just don't have the heart to try and fly it. So it sits in the garage on the floor, till i can find a place to hang it. My son and i had fun though

In the future i will probably upgrade it and try again i of course will have to buy a new one cause this one has a pound of epoxy in it.LOL I'm sure with the brushless motors it doesn't have any problems flying.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:42 PM
luizot

Hello,

Borlax,

Do you put the retractable gear in your SU-27 then? Could you post more picture? I want to see the main retractable gear assembly.

Thanks
Old 10-18-2006, 07:14 AM
AJ1202

I would like to learn more about that retract gear setup also. I have a Walkera SU-27 , I want to put retract gear on it and I like the setup in the pics. Are those home made, how do you get the servo's to work properly, is it just using a Y harness. More info would be great
Old 10-18-2006, 05:47 PM
darneir

The Su-27s dont come with retractable gear at least not the ones from art tech i am still just a child and dont know much about how things work with the model plains Because my dad just got me interested in them this summer i am pretty sure the other people posting on this site should have some information.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:52 AM
East RC

I think everyone should know that anything that comes with stock motors, especially brushed motors, isn't gonna fly like a turbine. Also, anything that is RTF, is not going to come with top of the line radio equipment. A lot of planes like this can be really good, and a lot of fun. But the first thing to do is put in your own receiver, and program your own transmitter. If you want it to perform a lot better, put in your own brushless motors, and as big of a lipo battery that it can handle. You can't really buy a cadillac and think it's a lamborghini.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:43 PM
CHRISHOLMES40
My Feedback: (13)

Hi I got the su 27 fro art tech i think its the same plane but it s the russian night it don t seem to have enough power to fly 300 ft runway at end tryed to give up elv but was to slow and stalled do you know where the c g is on yours my book did not say what battery did u used Thanks