Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

T-38 Talon by Steve S ?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

T-38 Talon by Steve S ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 03:10 PM
AJ1202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-38 Talon by Steve S ?

Has anyone built the T-38 Talon jet designed by Steve Shumate, if so how did it fly and what power did you use
I am going to build the 120 version and use a BP21 for power and just wanted to see if anyone had any input on it
I'm also planning on making the wing with an airfoil rather than flat
If not does anyone have the T-38 in any form, how does it handle, hows the stall rate etc.
Thanks for any input
Old 07-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: T-38 Talon by Steve S ?

AJ, check out the video of the T-38 that 3DFoamy.com kits from the Steve S plans:

http://www.3dfoamy.com/Videos/3dft38.wmv

John has told me he has a Hacker A20-20L on his plane with an 8x6 APC prop. A friend here just got one of these to fly against my F-14. Should be awesome!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:25 PM
AJ1202

Sweet vid, now I know I have to get busy building this little bird, I hope the airfoil wing works good. Looks a bit twitchy but a nice flyer. Thanks for the vid
Old 07-12-2006, 11:09 PM
cbflyguy

We have had great reports from the T-38/F-5. We have experienced a very stable flyer all around. It does axial rolls like nothing else. I would reconsider doing the airfoiled wing. Though much has been written on the subject, the flat wing on these parkjets perform very well if the leading edge is rounded over. Shumate has written extensivly on this subject and has concluded that any performance gain would be neglible.

On our discontinued Ultimate F-18 (133%) we simply doubled up the thickness of the wing and got great performance. Unless you just want to do the airfoil because you like to build, I would really just go flat plate. [link=http://www.6mmflyrc.com]6mmFlyRC.com[/link]
Old 07-13-2006, 04:52 AM
AJ1202

Thanks cbflyguy, I guess double layer wing then rounding LE would look close enough to air foil
mostly I was thinking for more lift and stability, most flat wing designs won't deadstick or glide very well, although my F-15 did pretty good. OK I'll reconsider the airfoil idea