Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

brushless micro multiplex

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

brushless micro multiplex

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Psikelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brushless micro multiplex

Well ive had mymultiplex microjet on the worktable for about a week now and tonight i finally got the guts to test fly it. I installed an Eflite brushless 400 inrunner with a collet and the stock prop. A thunderbird 18A speed control, hitec reciever and tried the 1st flight with an 11V lipo. CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZYYYY The 1st 2 flights were about 30 secs each until I got it trimmed out right then I decided the 11V was too much for me right away since ive never flown jets B4 so i used a 7.4V lipo..Way better. It flew amazing at about a third throttle and when i hit full throttle it still rocked even with the 7V. Once you get this jet trimmed right and get it tamed its an awesome flyer. It coasts in quite nicely for landings as well and is pretty tough as i had a couple pretty rough landings. Once i get this beast tamed some more ill attempt the 11V again. All in all im pretty impressed with this jet for the cost.. It was about 50 bucks canadian and well worth the money. Im hooked on jets now.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:57 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: brushless micro multiplex

The MJ is a lovely plane to fly. If you want crazy then you need to go on a hotter set up. I am on No. 4 now and she has a Feigao 3,600 KV motor and I get 30,000 RPM on an APC 4.7x4.2. She is so sweet to fly. I would say go for an inrunner of no more than 3,000 KV to enjoy it, enough speed to thrill but not drawing so many amps that you start to have to get BIIIIIG ESCs and batteries.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:44 PM
whogdriver

ORIGINAL: tIANci

The MJ is a lovely plane to fly. If you want crazy then you need to go on a hotter set up. I am on No. 4 now and she has a Feigao 3,600 KV motor and I get 30,000 RPM on an APC 4.7x4.2. She is so sweet to fly. I would say go for an inrunner of no more than 3,000 KV to enjoy it, enough speed to thrill but not drawing so many amps that you start to have to get BIIIIIG ESCs and batteries.
I've got my first one ready to go with a Mega 3 turn brushless, 35 amp SC, 3 cell 2100mAh LiPo, 4.75 x 4.75 CAM speed prop. Any advice/comments on this set up/ preparation for flight.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:23 PM
tIANci

whogdriver - get a BUNGEE!!! It will save you potential heartache. Also, the plane will fly level with the elevons in an UP position and not level. Get the bottom of the elevons to be in line with the top of the wing trailing edge.

Bungee:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&page=31&pp=15
Old 07-11-2006, 09:29 PM
whogdriver

Thanks, I've been considering building a bungee rail launcher. Do you use one? Already got the elevons in the up position for level flight. I've read where guys set them up a little higher to climb out on a hand launch.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:39 AM
tIANci

Hog my man ... no rail, just off the ground.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:34 AM
bigchap

multiplex realised there were people having trouble launching this plane and you can get a dedicated bungee from multiplex.