Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

multiplex twin jet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:29 AM
R/C fan-addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default multiplex twin jet?

hello, I usually am over in the car forums but I would like to get into planes and am near certain that I will buy one this summer. I saw the multiplex twin jet and thought that it looked like a decent plane that would be good for a beginner. The radio I would buy is the JR 6102 or the futaba 6EXA FM, if I get the 6102 I would like to convert it to 2.4ghz as then I can use it for the semi I might get for my bday! For the ESC I'd get the great planes electrifly C-35 ESC then I'd need some servo extensions too for the flaps. For batteries I looked at the nimh and nicd options but everything looked very heavy and also quite expensive. Then I saw that rather than paying $50 for an 8 cell nimh pack I could get a 4S lipo pack for just a few bucks more. Here is the pack I'm looking at: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLFW1&P=7
I already own the ICE so I won't need a safe lipo charger. I am also aware of all the risks associated with lipos so I don't need you guys to fill me in! lol
If you have any suggestions other than the multiplex please chime in, but I would like to keep the plane in the jet area no park flyers please! Also try to keep the price for everything including the batteries, plane, radio, servos, and other stuff to around $400. Thanks guys!
Old 07-13-2006, 07:09 PM
R/C fan-addict

Default RE: multiplex twin jet?

anybody?
Old 07-15-2006, 01:27 PM
R/C fan-addict

bump
Old 07-15-2006, 01:55 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Multiplex Twin-Jet is not a plane for beginners. It is a very fast, high performance aircraft. Since you are a beginner, and are looking at electrics, I would recommend a Slowstik or perhaps a Telemaster from Hobby Lobby. As to your choices for equipment, I agree with all except the 4S LiPo. That's a lot of voltage for a Speed 400 motor. I've used 8cell NiCd and NiMH with them and they last a while. I tried a ten and they don't last.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:53 PM
R/C fan-addict

ok thanks! I'll look into something a little less fast. I think I'll buy it as my second plane, I just love the jet look! lol