Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

A7-E Corsair II Ducted Fan - I Want to Scratch Build

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

A7-E Corsair II Ducted Fan - I Want to Scratch Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 03:05 PM
robotronski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A7-E Corsair II Ducted Fan - I Want to Scratch Build

I have always wanted a flying model of the Vietnam era Corsair II Jet. Earlier attempts at scratch building did not get too far as I always got bogged down with Power-to-Weight issues. Now with today's Li-Po's and micro-radios I think I can make it work.
Want to build a fun scale type jet with built up fuse and wings. No landing gear, hand launch only. Elevator and Ailerons only.

Already purchased a GWS EDF-55 fan unit. No problems with adequate thrust. Going to build an extremely light airframe.

Whats a good airfoil to copy? This isn't a going to be a speed demon, just a good looking flying model, thats not too wild to fly.

Big issues are where to place the CG for the swept back wing? I'm willing to fudge on the wing shape as needed.

Is the air inlet of the A7 (at the nose) going to be big enough to get the air moving through the fan as needed?

Anybody with some feedback would be appreciated.

Not sure if this is the forum for this, looked in some otheres as well...

Old 10-12-2006, 04:47 PM
CTulanko

Default RE: A7-E Corsair II Ducted Fan - I Want to Scratch Build

Robot,

Go here for some plans on the Corsair...I think it's just what you are looking for and keep us up to date on your build!

http://home.att.net/~mgmccaffrey//ma/a7a.htm

Carl
Old 10-13-2006, 08:22 AM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: CTulanko

Robot,

Go here for some plans on the Corsair...I think it's just what you are looking for and keep us up to date on your build!

http://home.att.net/~mgmccaffrey//ma/a7a.htm

Carl

Thanks so much for the link to the plans!!!!

Somehow, that site did not turn up on any of my searches.

That looks like the scale I wanted to build as well.

Well, now I'm out of excuses to keep me from getting my project started. (except for the one that we all share - No Free Time !!!! [] )
Old 11-06-2006, 06:01 PM
dlazarus6660

Hi, I saw your post and want to recommed(if you don't want to build from scratch) The Flying Styro Kit Vought TA-7C Corsair II. This is the tamdem seat trainer version of the SLUF. It is 1/20 scale (28 inch wingspan) Comes painted in NAVY gull grey upper side and white lower side. The kit can be built static, rubber powered(tractor) CO2, Electric DF or slope soaring. I don't know if they are still available, ( I've had mine alomst 6 years) but check one out. They come from the CZECH REPUBLIC. The Electric Jet Factory did a DF with this model...Are they still in business? WWW.EJETS.COM, [email protected]
Hope this helps!
Dan

Old 11-06-2006, 08:45 PM
CTulanko

The Flying Styro Corsair has been discontinued for a long time now, over a year and the Flying Styro F-16 was just discontinued this past summer, so neither of them is commercially available. You may be able to find one at a small shop and I have seen them show up pretty consistently on eBay if you are still in the market.

Carl
Old 11-13-2006, 06:01 PM
archer7153

Hows the project going