Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What is the biggest battery that can be installed in the MIGLET?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

What is the biggest battery that can be installed in the MIGLET?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 11:57 AM
mashburncs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the biggest battery that can be installed in the MIGLET?

Hello,

I want to order the MIGLET, however, I also want to order one of those 24-33 or 24-45 brushless motors to really pump up the thrust. I want to have a thrust to weight ratio greater than one. The problem that I have is that I cannot figure out what battery will fit under the canopy, to supply enough amps for the motors, without actually having the MIGLET first. It almost looks like nothing other than the recommended GPMP0815 11.1V 910 mAh LiPo will fit. That battery can only supply just over 13 amps.

If you are flying a MIGLET or XPD-8, with a brushless motor, please specify what combination of motor and battery you found, that will work.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2006, 07:50 PM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the biggest battery that can be installed in the MIGLET?

not sure about the miglet. but the xpd-8, i fit an electrifly 1500 3s, after milling some foam. i'll be completely blunt with by saying i have flown the miglet and xpd and have concluded that they are the worst edf planes i've flown. i built the xpd recently which is the larger version of the miglet and after we flew it at the club, the LHS owner even confessed to it being the biggest POS, after we complained to him about its poor quality and characteristics. oh, the box and manual says it can handle 20 mph winds... BS! we flew in 10mph- and it was bounced around and wiggles a lot! If a wing is what you want then just get a stryker. or if your fixed on edf, get anything but the xpd or miglet. i haven;t checked the ratings for them here on rcu, but guessing i would say there probably not so good. good luck.