Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

What to expect.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 07:03 PM
CASTPRO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to expect.

I am finishing putting together a Babycat 32!QUOT! with edf setup.

components:
wemotec mini 480
Mega 16-15-2
Thunder 15c 5s 2100
CC phoenix-35

Testing reveals the fan spins FAST at about 1/3 throttle. I can't imagine what WOT would be like, I'm guessing failure of some kind before WOT at a sustained time, based on the 1/3 throttle response.

Can anyone tell me I can expect with this setup? Is it normal? Or, I am I being paranoid.

Peace....
Old 11-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Larry Dudeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What to expect.

I fly a MF480 with the 16/15/2 motor and a CC35 ESC. On 3s, the motor draws 32 amps, on 5s I'm guessing an amp draw of 50-ish.

This might be a bit much for the motor. The ESC should be OK as long as you limit full throttle and provide plenty of cooling air.

The 15C pack is OK for 32 amps or so. At full throttle, you will experience a large voltage sag so your power system may be self limiting in the current/voltage department.

Push the battery and it won't last long. Check the balance frequently.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What to expect.

There's a mistake in the manual on the CG. It states the CG should be set at 175mm. This is too far aft, it should be 157mm.