Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

brushed advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 07:45 PM
pecojets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brushed advice

friends

i just upgrade my kyosho t-33 to brushless . now i have a complete brushed set up without home

kyosho fan´
ap-29
gp 50 amp controler
2000 mah 4/5 nimh 8 cells

theres any jet that will fly at least decently with that set up ? ( the t- 33 was too big and heavy ) what about the baby cat 32"· ?
please give me some advice , i hate to have useless equipment

pecojets
Old 11-20-2006, 08:04 AM
pecojets

Default RE: brushed advice

Old 11-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Larry Dudeck
My Feedback: (1)

Curious as to what fan you are now using. I have had very good luck with the stock set-up in both my T33's. But I fly at a small field and really can't use a lot of high speed. I was using 8 cells and had about 150 flights on the motors before I noticed any performance reduction. Using the 2S2p LiPo's will be a good step as the weight of the drive drops.

I have re-used the Ky fans in two of my own design projects. My F9F and F86 both fly very well with these fans driven by HET 2W motors on 2S2Px4200 LiPos

I believe K&A models sells an L39 that will accept the Ky Fan

http://www.kamodels.com/
Old 11-21-2006, 04:23 PM
pecojets

Larry ;

thanks for the information ;

now im using a het/minifan/lipo set up !

the problem with the t-33 was that i ad landing gear and has one repair on it ; the plane barely flys ; i was planning to just ad lipos , but the greatplanes speed control did not handle the lipos with BEC , so i have to buy a new speed contol , and i decide to complete the brushless set up

i think that in a lighter and less dragy plane the stock t-33 set up( ap-29 brushed ) will do it better ; i will check the planes you suggested ;

alfred