Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 Phase 3 EF-16 problems >

Phase 3 EF-16 problems

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Phase 3 EF-16 problems

Old 07-07-2008, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phase 3 EF-16 problems

I want to no if anybody out their has had this problem and what is causing this.I was flying my Phase 3 Ef-16 and the moter sounded like it kept dying in and out and all of a sudden it got really crazy and I lost total control and crashed.It hit the ground so bad that the nose was totally crushed in and the lipo was bet over in half no joke.I seen a nother video on you tube were the guys is flying and his moter keeps cutting out and he crashed to.ANy info would be a great help.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:09 PM
My Feedback: (59)

Default RE: Phase 3 EF-16 problems

What type, and where did you put the receiver/antenna?

sorry for the loss, that sucks[]

Joey
Old 07-07-2008, 07:55 PM
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Like to help you sort this out, but need more info.

Stock setup?
What battery?
What RX?
How many if any good flights with no issues prior?
How far into the flight (minutes)?
Was the battery hot?
Were you able to check your connections and solder joints?
And as already asked, how was your antenna ran?

These are a few things to ask. I'm sure there will be more.

I have had nothing but tons of fun with mine as stock. No issues, and not 2.4G either.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:31 PM

I just had the EXACT same thing happen to mine, and on the first flight no less. Launched it, made about four or five circuits around the field. I noticed the motor coming in and out, so I throttled down. About a minute later I was at full throttle and it happened again, then the plane went crazy. I chopped the throttle and tried to pull up in a last ditch effort, but it was over. The plane dissapeared behind some houses and then i heard the impact. Plane and lipo were both a total loss. I was flying a gws 4 channel receiver which I am blaming at the moment, but I also suspect the esc may have had a hand in it. Can I buy a replacement airframe? I know I remember reading about one for around $70, but I can't find it anywhere.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:50 PM
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

These type jets require a full range receiver. They get down range way to quick, and can easily be flown out of range with a park flyer receiver. I have the Berg in mine with no issues and over 75 flights on the original equipment. Still going strong.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:13 PM
My Feedback: (77)

IF ANYONE NEEDS REPLACEMENT AIRFRAMES for the EP Phase 3 F-16 let me know...

I have them incoming and available for $70

email me at: [email protected]

THANKS!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS www.vqwarbirds.com
Old 10-04-2008, 11:47 PM

What battery are you using (we need the specs)? Do you have a watt meter? Do you have a temp gun? What kind of connectors are you using? What type of radio are you using (2.4ghz or 72mhz)?

This is some good information to provide for troubleshooting. If you do not have a watt meter or a temp gun, it is not a problem but may leave some questions unanswered.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:04 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Never, ever , EVER use a GWS receiver in any plane you care about.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:27 PM

Somehow I pieced the tiny fragments back together, put a different reciever in it, everything else stayed exactly the same (esc, servos, batt. ect.). I flew the plane many times over the past two days with no problems! Flies AMAZINGLY well! I love it. Landings are super smooth, and top end is somewhat impressive (although I think my Hyperion edge 540 could almost keep up with it). It has a great presence in the air, and draws quite a bit of attention. However, about ten minutes ago I was flying in the park in about ten to fifteen mph winds. The jet handled the wind fine, but I could see it was getting knocked around a bit due to the turbulent nature of the wind. I had been doing some full speed passes low to the ground, and during the last one both stabilators ripped off in flight simultaneously! Very spectacular crash, but this time it went into a soft patch of undergrowth which may have saved my lipo (looks okay, but time will tell). Anyway I found the replacement airframe at Hobbypeople.net for 65 bucks shipped! I should have mine in a few days, and this time I will reinforce the tail area! Also, if anyone doesn't know, blackdogrc.com has 3s1p 2100mah packs for 25 bucks and free shipping!!!!! Anyway, I love this jet!!!!