Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

question about balancing fan unit....

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

question about balancing fan unit....

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 08:15 AM
UH60 Crewdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about balancing fan unit....

My fan has a small vibration at low rpm's but lessens at i increase throttle and goes away about 30 to 50% power just want to make sure this it ok.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:44 AM
CTulanko

Default RE: question about balancing fan unit....

Robert,

Is it a vibration or is it more like a resonance with the fuselage, which can cause such a symptom?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:50 AM
UH60 Crewdog

I am running the motor outside the plane before I install it. At first it was inside when I noticed the problem and then removed it to try and balance it. This is the best Ive gotten it so far.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:36 PM
UH60 Crewdog

Got another question/problem I have enabled the BEC and when I move my controls around really quickly the radio (6EX 2.4) resets leaving about a 1 second dead spot i checked the reciever in my gasser and another pusher but no problem..... I have a tsunami 72amp with a 2w-20 motor 70mm fan unit in a HET F-18. Am I going to have to run a reciever battery in this plane comment and suggestions welcome.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Okerbaul

Robert,
I am facing the exact same problem on a 72A Tsunami and my receiver Faast. My thinking is that the BEC is not working correctly (or disabled). I can move my servos for a few seconds but the receiver goes to failsafe (low voltage). I checked the voltage with a tester and I can see the drop from 5.1 to 4.3V immediately... and cut. Normally Faast cuts at around 3.7V. It is even worse with stronger servos. I have swapped receivers and the same happens. I have another 54A Tsunami with BEC enabled which works fine. I have tried to connect the cable to see the factory setting but I can't make it work. If someone can explain me how to operate it succesfully, that will be cool. Otherwise I will install a 3A BEC, but that's 1/2 oz extra weight.... [:@]
Hope we can solve it both

Cheers
Olivier

Old 08-13-2008, 02:35 PM
UH60 Crewdog

If you are running a 4S DO NOT RUN IT without first programming the ESC if you write my personal email I will pass the info along on who to contact at the company about how to set-up your programing cable, It is [email protected]

As far as the BEC I never made it to reprogramming the ESC because I roasted mine on full throttle passes with a 3S setting on my 4S 4200Mah[&:]. I have a new one coming but It roasted because I didnt program it. I told them about the typo saying 3S & 4S ready and they are working to correct the issue.

ALSO: You may have noticed they TS-72 is out of stock at HET, They are currently redesigning the Tsunami series of ESC's to be more competitive with higher quality guys. The new ESC will require a diffrent programing cable.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Okerbaul

Robert,

Thanks a LOT for the info. Email sent.

Cheers
Olivier