Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

EDF SU-27 TROUBLE!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

EDF SU-27 TROUBLE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 03:23 PM
sattguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EDF SU-27 TROUBLE!!!!!

I own a really good looking SU-27 well when i first got it anyway. Bought it from Nitroplanes.com. I keep getting a busy tone on the phone.

I was trying to do a ground take off and unsuccessfully it never lifted off. I tryed a dozen times to fly it off the ground. after repairing it 3 or 4 times i still could not get it to fly. I looked through the manual a couple dozen times trying to figure out what is wrong with it tryed this and that without successes. It will not lift off of the ground. Then i tryed to throw it like the manual said to it went in a straight line in the air but still would not gain alttitude after about 50 feet it was about to hit a tree so i tryed to turn it away from the tree but instead it came staight down into the ground resulting horrific nightmare of an ending it broke in 3 places and the middle collapsed in on itself it might not have been as bad if it wasnt at full throttle. Other thing the adhesive it came with was not an adhesive it was more like an oily gel that never dried. i got this plane less than 3 weeks ago and it still hasnt dried. Is this just me as a bad operator or could there have been something wrong with the plane? Help Please? I dont blame nitroplanes they have no control over the maufacturer quality. What should i do?
Old 08-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Tommy D

Default RE: EDF SU-27 TROUBLE!!!!!

Hi,
I don't have a SU27 , BUT i HAD THE SAME TROUBLE WITH A dIABLO edf. I corrected the problem by adjusting the elevator at the controll horn so that it had slight up elevator ,with the trim in neutral position. When tossed this way it took off and headed out and up just fine . Once I had enough altitude , the trim would get her flying straight and level.
Give this a try, if it's like mine it just needed a little more elevator to get her off the ground.
Let me know how you make out.
Tommy D
Old 09-17-2009, 10:28 PM
CHRISHOLMES40
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: EDF SU-27 TROUBLE!!!!!

I have the same trobble with my su 27 not enough power to fly 350 ft run way will not life at end if you try to give up elv to it it will stall to slow need more power maybe a bigger battery 30 c not a 20 c I have a f 18 f 15 f 16 all fly great from nitro planes