Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

EJF Sport 70 or 90?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 04:38 AM
jbflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EJF Sport 70 or 90?

I will be new to electric ducted fan jets and am thinking that either the EJF Sport 70 or 90 would be a good intermediate way to do this. I am not new to r/c flying (30years) and only sport fly for fun. Any thoughts, comments, experience with this company and these two jets are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance........[8D]
Old 10-08-2008, 04:52 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: EJF Sport 70 or 90?

Hey John ... welcome to EDFs! I flew the 70 and it was great. I would say it can be handled by any intermediate flyer. The difference between the 70 and 90 will be batts, motor and ESC ... mainly the batts will be an issue. Comes down to money. I would go for the 90 myself. Bigger does fly better. The SJ is a very nice plane to fly.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:51 AM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What tIANci said. But bear in mind the cost to set up a 90 mm fan is going to be roughly double what it takes to get a 70 in the air. The 70 will slow down nicely, and is a good honest airplane with no bad habits I could find. I would suggest, though, that if you don't have any experience with hand launching EDF's that you put the landing gear on and fly it off pavement.
EJF are good people to deal with.

My two cents....

Andy
Old 10-09-2008, 04:18 AM
jbflier

Thanks for the positive replies guys......if the 90 is going to cost aprox double, then I will go with the 70 size EJF...............
Old 10-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Larry Dudeck
My Feedback: (1)

"...I am not new to r/c flying (30years)..."

This is good, as the instructions pretty much assume the builder has a good idea of what goes where.

Once assembled, the SJ70 is a great flying plane. I am using an HET2W with a 3S pack and 60 amp ESC. If I were to do it over, I'd use an HET3W with a 4S LiPo and use a 35~45 amp ESC for a weight savings.

Contrary to what the instructions say, I have no trouble with a stand-still hand launch.

Robert Wagoner of EFJ is a good man to deal with.