Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Het f-18 radio issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:47 AM
heiifyre
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Het f-18 radio issue

Is anyone flying one of these with a 72MHg radio? I have not been able to run the antenna in a way that the reciever will not get interference. Right now the reciever is in the rear of the jet with the antenna running to the nose through the same path the power cable from LIPO packs run. This setup produces very poor results. I am open to any ideas. Thanks a lot.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:51 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Het f-18 radio issue

Make sure the trans & rec are ok. Have a friend carry the plane out to about 300' NO engine running & check all movements carefully. Still problem ? bad equipment or battery or local interference. Check area with another plane. Ok?

I run all servos & the antenna on 1 side of the body. Power leads have 2 or 3 twists per inch of length & on opposite side of body if they HAVE to pass each other. I have run a antenna out into a wing & back on some short bodied planes. I have a 1/8" drill that is 16" long.
drill 3 holes that intersect easily. Fill holes after installation.

It hurts to remember stuff.