Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

phase 3 F-16 cheater holes

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

phase 3 F-16 cheater holes

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:31 AM
skrez
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default phase 3 F-16 cheater holes

Hi Guys,
I`m new to jets and have a Phase 3 F-16 which I just finished building. My question is what are the cheater holes for? Is there any advantage in taping them off like I read some people are doing ? Is there a performace increase or drop when the cheaters are taped off?
Regards,
Frank
Old 11-16-2008, 02:39 PM
DNCrosby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: phase 3 F-16 cheater holes

I'm fairly new to this as well, but I'd say from my mechanical experience, the cheater holes are to be able to draw more air in, and therefore make more power, if you tape them off it's most likely due to "Appearance" reasons, and sacrificing a bit of performance is acceptable. But again, I'm no expert, and don't own the plane, i have the E-Flite one which does not have the cheater holes.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:10 PM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: phase 3 F-16 cheater holes

On this particular jet you will lose a lot of take off and climb thrust and a little top end speed if you close off the cheaters.

The jet is good for 68-70 mph out of the box with 6 - 7 minute run time on a good 3s 2100-2500 pack without any mods.

It is very capable of being made into a 100 mph bird with the cheater holes still in place- but it will double your monetary investment to get there.

Still a lot of bang for the buck even so.