Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Thunderbat Pusher Jet Beginner ?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Thunderbat Pusher Jet Beginner ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 07:42 AM
phillipmorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunderbat Pusher Jet Beginner ?

I've managed several flights with the Thunderbat pusher jet, have the READY TO FLY version and tho found some issues as a novice it really will fly rather well, comes with choice of beginner smaller Lipo battery, just above stall speed but gives the newcomer a chance to figure out the handling, recently went up to the regular Lipo and it then starts to really perform, my landings have been the most bothersome, just me not the plane, needs more airspeed than example many other docile flyers, came in hot the other day and it deadsticked very well, so still getting use to this one..

Its been around awhile, find unusual is the built in gyro for the ailerons, helps steady things as else reminds me attempting to fly a rolling pin with the rather stubby wings, takes winds quite well near 20 MPH but paid the price on my landing, however proven todate to be very durable with the long plastic nose for shock absorber on nose in landings...

Very fun to fly, not sure how this one compares to others other than the Stryker B, less speedie of the models, Stryker deadsticks with ease, abit easier to fly, but really enjoying the Thunderbat, flying it close helps, it can drop quickly with wrong sticks, so keep her up abit for any errors, else flys beautifully and still amazed this ones alive as my first venture in the higher speed ships..liking it todate..

If your curious check it out at their website, been awsome fun for me...<>.

http://www.readytoflyfun.com/thxfre.html

Some clues from a novice's experience for flying this one:

The nose is long and acts as a flying surface so be careful on up and down stick, will dive immediately
Choice of small or large lipo, if your use to slower flyers go with the small trainer lipo, sporty flyers go with the regular larger lipo.
Make sure the COG is correct near center of the finger lower finger grips, smaller lipo add the washers as needed for balance
The Ready To Fly version is nice, tho the transmitter sticks find very responsive, minimal movements here, don't overcontrol !!
Had amazing flights so far with this one near 40 or more, still astounded its alive, really a tuff bird here...
I just might make it to the Jet series thanks to the Thunderbat...love it...

Have flown the hotter Stryker C, 80 MPH ship but never makes it past 25 flights...the Thunderbat is helping me at least, top speed not rocket ship but over 70 MPH, nice introductory indeed...<>..

Off work late afternoon managed a flight at sunset, was blowing 20 MPH but settled slightly, handled the 15 MPH with ease and kept power on for a nice sliding landing at last, not gusts at that moment, lucky, maybe I can land this thing, hi hi..<>..
Old 11-26-2008, 04:58 AM
phillipmorris

Default RE: Thunderbat Pusher Jet Beginner ?

Todate have loads of success flying this unusual craft, power to burn here in the learning period, have 3 other jets current release models that have yet to make flight, either low in power or not working properly example one refuses to make the ailerons work in the proper direction even after calling the dealer, the RTF version is just that on the Thunderbat is ready to go, this is not a 2nd plane tho infact more down the line after mastering trainers and aileron flight, its performance is outstanding and a tuff bird needed for the learning period...first jet pusher I've had any luck with so far, give it all stars...<>..

I'm still mastering flight with this wonderful ship, last flight went as follows, over 10 MPH winds tho steady, used the smaller trainer lipo for yesterdays first flight, went right up winds slowed it down as not max speed but above stall speed, still penetrated well and flew nicely, snap rolls are instant, pretty...landing is my weak point on this new puppie, now leave some throttle and nose it in for keeping things flying, it drops rather quickly but enough speed will flare at the last, my friend was next to me and I said heads up she's lined up to come in, dropped correctly as I wanted came right towards us, friend rightly concerned started to pedal side by side and the Thunderbat seemed to be locked in on him, I said hang in there just stay alert, managed to zing it past him but still too close and landed swiftly but level on the money, he said wow thats great, replied oh yeah but still working on my landings, hi hi..was a trip..<>..

Later another friend watched me fly it with the larger lipo as winds now decreased, it flys now with much more authority and acutally screams inflight at a high pitch just over half throttle, light level was low so did a brief flight and nearly lost the visual but enough altitude for needed corrections, it dropped twice and inverted once, rightens itself as I broght it closer to view and easy give the proper stick, landed it abit hot but again level and decent touch down, whew now is this fun or what, hi hi..<>..
Old 12-10-2008, 12:38 AM
phillipmorris

Note these are on a reduced price Dec 2008, PNP around $109 and the full RTF from over $200 down to $175, abit pricy but quality here is above average on jets I paid more..very durable its my winner todate, nearing 50 plus flights even in over 15 MPH winds been fantastic flyer, loving every flight...crashed at least 6 times with authority, minimal repairs or none required, nice..<>..still flys beautifully..<>..
Old 12-14-2008, 02:55 AM
saucerguy
Banned

So you are selling these directly, or just promoting them here?
Old 12-14-2008, 11:54 AM
phillipmorris

Nope, I simply love this one, been an amazing flyer, this slow flyer moved up a notch thanks to the Thunderbat...

About the last 30 days I've been flying this puppie near daily since arrival, other than the majestic Radian, its my favored todate.

Sounds like I'm selling these, hi hi, but really ecstatic on this one, no kidding around at all here, its been a fantastic flyer for me, however let you know there is a rather nice sale going on these for December directly from Readytoflyfun, PNP version is $109 and the RTF with everything is reduced to $175, and trust me it flys right out of the box, only adjusted minimal on the clevis for the Ailerons...have to add washers on weight for correct COG using the smaller trainer Lipo for us wimps, they even supply these washers for you, those that are not quite the sport plane flyer might want the smaller lipo, if your use to some speed go along with the full size battery, regular lipo mounted flush and it gave the correct COG...

Duration of flight on these babies are 10 minutes, no brief 4 minute flight on this introductory jet....

You need a code for these special prices this month, found mine from RC Flight Mag and yep ordered the PNP...
Needed code for the $40 reduction offer is : FLYRC63

Your welcome, hi hi

Part of the reason I'm so excited on this bird is its the first faster plane thats stayed alive and takes loads of abuse, its a tuffy..

Yes its tuff but not indestructable, I flew yesterday in 30 MPH gust, taking it to my current limit, yes I lost it and she screamed down full force and broke a couple places, is defintely reapairable all surfaces still working, one part blew across the field yet to be found, told you it was windy hi hi...anyway PNP on the way and yes have the RTF version flew this morning hours ago in near 20 MPH winds handled like a dream, nail biting on the landing as always a concern during gusty conditions, but pulled it off, sure will be many more flights ahead, hi hi...<>...

Merry Christmas Everyone...<>..
Old 12-14-2008, 09:36 PM
saucerguy
Banned

If you look for the free foam flyer thread on this board in the electric section, you'll find the design that is it's predecessor. This is where all of the rest of these park jet "wing" pusher planes came from in the first place, and yeah, I totally agree, a real winner of a design. Since you like your's, might as well join us and make your own.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:40 AM
phillipmorris

Sounds, cool, have to check it out, flew today twice very windy conditions and this puppie handles well just below 20 MPH, will do even more but getting above my skill level, super fun...BEST ..<>...currently we are having 30 to 40 MPH winds tonight, whew..<>..
Old 12-15-2008, 02:04 AM
saucerguy
Banned

I fly different planes depending upon wind conditions. It's rain and time that prevents me from flying. Unless there is some major wind storm, even 30-40 mph winds are doable. Glad you had fun, it just started snowing here so am sticking to the build table lately. Working on a stick built, WWI biplane scratch build without plans or anything else, just making them up as I go along, it's been a lot of fun.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:48 AM
phillipmorris

Great on the Biplanes, love them, have a few of those they fly absolutely great, mine are more of the ARF versions, nice work your doing there....

Takes awhile to master the windy conditions, had to chuckle on a youtube, sort of flying wing that flew very well but winds picked up and he popped it in at least twice tho no damages, certainly is a learning experinence there, hi hi...

Over 20 MPH winds are still my limit, did manage a flight near 25 MPH gusts but lucky it smoothed out before the landing, weather today minus 21 degree chill factor at 3 degrees with 30 to 40 MPH winds, our first frigid storm, likely no flying today unless the wind dies down, still do flights in cold weather tho...
Been a while on the building, should try a foamie project as like these jet pushers at the moment, and this Radian Glider flys off the charts a true floater, finds lift in December rather amazing....
One of our flyers enjoys the high performance gliders, its a beauty, dang near hand toss it across a football field, they are amazing...Well off to work, Take Care and BEST ..<>..