Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Best 70mm fan, motor, esc, & lipo setup?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Best 70mm fan, motor, esc, & lipo setup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 11:32 PM
reiserrob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 70mm fan, motor, esc, & lipo setup?

New to EDFs, i just bought a phase three f-16 last week that i plan on practicing with it throughout the winter, i am going to build a bigger 70mm EDF this winter, possibly a HET F-15, F-18 or F-16, what would be the the best setup to use as far as power, reliability, sound and all around performance. I do have some 6s 2500-3000mah lipos i own for one of my helis that i would like to utilize to cut some of the cost but it is not necessary, also are the HET 70mm models with landing gear tough enough and powerful enough to take of from grass? (I'm talking grass almost as fine as a putting green, any input would be appreciated.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:21 AM
Detour747

Default RE: Best 70mm fan, motor, esc, & lipo setup?

www.ductedfans.com has some pretty sick stuff for pretty much any edf project you want to do. They had all the motors, edf units, and jet kits I needed. As for the esc, my favorite brand to use is CastleCreations... always found those to be the most reliable.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:35 AM
MustangAce
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Best 70mm fan, motor, esc, & lipo setup?

Het 6904 fan with the Jetscreamer 1400 motor on 4s