Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 10:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need help setting up a F-22 where the elevons and the ailerons all have thier own servos. And I am running the spektrum DX6i. Both of the ailerons and elevons came with Y hooked up to them. I don't know what I am doing wrong I am missing something. I would like it where all the surfaces work at the same time for up and down and the split for turning, you know right elavater and right aileron goes up to turn right and so on. Please hel I put a servor reverser on the elavators and it works but does not fly right. PLEASE HELP THANK YOU
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93714.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	1121419   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66674.jpg
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	1121420   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv54178.jpg
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	1121421   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xq44125.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	1121422   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lw20784.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1121423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kb45205.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1121424   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xz54012.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1121425   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nm41405.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1121426  

Old 01-28-2009, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're going to have to toss the Y harness on the elevators and use the elevon mix for the tail. Then use another channel for the ailerons to be slaved to the elevons. That's just one way to do it.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay I need a little help on the slave part of that. I was reading in the book about it. I am runing a AR500 reciver in it and it as two ports for aileron, then your battery and throtle. and the reg ones too the rudd.gear, elavator. Maybe you can see them in the photo? And I am sorry about the spelling and if I am not making any sense I have had four small strokes in the last two months. If you could walk me threw it that would be great. So any help would me the world to me please and thank you. Eric P.S. If you need more photo's I can send them
Old 01-28-2009, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before you go through all the trouble and headache the model was intended to be used with a seperate aileron and elevator. like a conventional airplane. That's why they had the Y harnesses installed. But yes it is possible to set it up so it'll fly more like the real deal. I'm going to be doing the same thing to my F/A-18 Thrust vector pretty soon.

In the instruction manual it'll be a little clearer than me. I'm not too familiar with the DX6i, but I'm sure it's about the same as the DX6 and DX7 that I'm using. Set up the tail end for elevon mix. I'm away from my instruction manual but I believe the left elevon gets plugged into the elevator port on the receiver and the right elevon gets plugged into the aileron port on the receiver.

Program your radio for elevon mix and test out the controls to see if the ports need to be swapped.

Now plug the ailerons into port number 5 (I think on the ar500 it's labeled Gear or Aux). On your radio use the mix feature. Use the aileron channel as the master and the Aux 1 or Gear channel as the slave. It'll go into more detail than I can in the instruction, but this should help guide you in the right direction.

P.M. me if you need more help