Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
 Got a small snag-first edf >

Got a small snag-first edf

Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Got a small snag-first edf

Old 03-08-2009, 02:10 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a small snag-first edf

Hi guys:

A good flying buddy dropped off a HET F18 last night he picked up at a swap sale. So, got out the fan assembly, a 6904 system and ran into a snag right away. After fitting things as per instructions, I could not tighten the fan onto the adapter shaft. The screw into the adapter shaft just keeps turning the inrunner motor over whthout clamping down as it should. Am considering applying a little red locktite to the motor shaft and then let it set up prior to trying to tighten. There is a motor bearing in the bell end that could also get stuck. Have not found anything in this forum dealing with the problem. Any tricks or suggestions?? Thanks
Old 03-08-2009, 11:29 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got a small snag-first edf

rmenke,
I've not experienced your problem, but I have experienced problems with screws that just keep turning. I've always tried to use a little teflon thread around the screws threads. This usually works for me. Hope this helps and works for you too.