Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

SU-34 Fullback

Old 10-07-2009, 01:45 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU-34 Fullback

How much movement on elevators and ailerons for low and high rate
for Hobby Lobby Twin vectored fan
Old 10-08-2009, 12:32 PM

Default RE: SU-34 Fullback

How is someone going to answer this if they don't know the which plane it is we need manufacture or a link or something.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:04 AM

The title maybe haasjj

There is a lot more information on this aircraft on the RCGroup Thread. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ht=radio+setup
It's already got 1680 posts but I don't think anyone ever gave any specifics regarding rates and throws.

I just posted the question to several that have already been flying.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:44 PM
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: poussard

How much movement on elevators and ailerons for low and high rate
for Hobby Lobby Twin vectored fan
I just received my second SU-34..liked it so much had to get a backup...wished they had a blue camo version oh well)

I've flown the HL SU-34 many times.... rates set for 100% and 65% for elevator / vectored thrust. I takeoff on the lower rate with vectoring ON. That setting gives you very good rotation and elevator control during both takeoffs & landings. I also have 75% expo on elevator in both high & low rates.

If you takeoff or land on high rate....be ready for the nose to climb high very quickly even with a high expo setting.. Much better pitch control on the low rate.

As for the throw amounts... I have mine set on high to the max...The pushrod clearance won't allow any more throw! The high rate and max movement is great for the cobra loop maneuver. The SU-34 comes out of the loop almost with zero forward speed and won't stall left or right..It wobbles left and right a few times but with the roll vectoring is controllable...then it gradually accelerates to speed.

The only problem I have had is the poor quality & low C rating of the supplied battery. I purchase a couple of Rino 3700ma 20c batteries...and that solved the battery problem. A four minute flight consumes about 3400 to 3500ma the supplied battery is only rated at 3300 but won't live up to it's rating.
Lee
Old 10-21-2009, 12:42 PM

Lee,
I just checked with HL, they have the Blue SU-34.
I ordered the airframe set as my green one is pretty bashed up.
Will strip the stuff out of the green one into the blue one.
They're running a 20% off sale, so if you're interested you can save a couple of bucks.
Where do you get your batteries, I can't find a source.
BRG,
Jon
Old 10-22-2009, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: F106A

Lee,
I just checked with HL, they have the Blue SU-34.
I ordered the airframe set as my green one is pretty bashed up.
Will strip the stuff out of the green one into the blue one.
They're running a 20% off sale, so if you're interested you can save a couple of bucks.
Where do you get your batteries, I can't find a source.
BRG,
Jon
Hi Jon,
Thanks for the heads up on the Blue SU-34..Check out the last page listings for the Rhino batteries @ hobbyKing.com...un-beatable prices. page link below.

Looks like a good number in stock for either the 20c 3700 4s or the 25c 3700 4s packs. I got the 20c and they work fine...again be careful not to fly more than 4 minutes because 4 minutes can draw down as much as 3600 ma very close to cell damage limits...
Lee

http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...7&v=&sortlist=