Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Eflite T-34 PTS Glitching

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Eflite T-34 PTS Glitching

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 06:15 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Eflite T-34 PTS Glitching

Ithought Iwas imagining things last timeI flew the plane, thought maybe it was the wind, so today Iwent out and flew it again, got 3 flights going and it flew fine, third linding saw a little rough, nosed in and cracked the paint on the cowl, but otherwise the plane was OK. Ichecked the pack, and everything looked fine, and Ilined it up and took off for one last flight. After a few minutes and some nice passes I went to pull up and it kept wanting to drop, gave it full throttle and it still wanted to drop and eventually I had full up elevator before it started to climb, The plane was not very responsive, and felt like I was going to lose it, so brought it around to land, saw it was going to hit the fence gave full throttle and it didn't respond as quickly as it used to, but did kick in and I was able to clear the fence and bring it around once more, but it was so flakey that Ihad a really bad nose in flip over landing that broek the firewall and the hold down tabs on the wings.

What would be causing this wierd behavior? Iam using a DX8 radio with all stock equipment. Using GenAce 3300 packs and the power was good, voltage was fine, Ihave an alarm hooked in the plane that beeps loud enough that I can hear it with the plane at a good distance. The radio voltage was 4.9 volts. Ichecked the controls once it was down and it looked like my up elevator was a little less than I could remember, but after looking at the setup, there is no way it would have changed.

The plane is easily repaired, just need to cut a new firewall and upper and lower plywood box pieces and glue it together, and glue the wing tabs back on. Could have been much worse had I hit the fence, that would have busted the plane far more than a cracked FW and broken tab. I'm more concerned about why it acted up since I use the same radio for my gas powered Dewey and if its the radio, I dont want to have that one glitch as it would make a bigger bang when it hits the ground, it has at least 5 pounds more on it than the T-34.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:12 PM
levram1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eflite T-34 PTS Glitching

Defective elevator servo perhaps?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:40 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default RE: Eflite T-34 PTS Glitching

I did some googling and I think its the ESC that caused the problem. What I forgot to mention here was that when I took the canopy off to check it all out after my not so good landing the LEDs on the RX and sat were blinking.  According to the manual that indicates a brownout. Since the ESC poweres the RX and the Lipo had a full charge and was not low on voltage, the voltage alarm was not beeping and showed 3.9 volts per cell, I know it wasn't the battery.

Looks like I will need to make a call to HH on Monday, I think it is still under warranty.