Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Correct Rx length

Old 04-02-2004, 11:26 PM
tkgavette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Correct Rx length

Hi, I have a Hitec supreme 8 that I have put in a GWS E-starter. The reciever antenna sticks out the back about 24" is this normal? Should I use packing tape and run it up the bottom of the fuse toward the nose? BTW did I mention I'm new to this?!?!?
Thanks!
Old 04-03-2004, 12:08 AM
NMPhi767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Correct Rx length

Those darn parkflyer antennas! They look pretty funny sticking out of your plane. Unfortunately they are very necessary! NEVER cut them or your range will be reduced severely! Their are three options I can think of. There are some antenna bobbins that you can attach to the plane. You wrap the antenna around this and supposedly it does not reduce the range. Second, I have seen other pilots solder on the short aftermarket antennas to their recievers. These still have about 10 to 25 percent less range though. Third, you can do what I do, just let it lag behind or in my E-Starter, I ran it from the leading edge of the wing(sort of where you bolt the wing on) and used small pieces of tape to "hang" it the the edge of the vertical stabilizer. I then ran it down the edge of the rudder and back up the fuselage towards the nose of the plane.