Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Firebird Commander Radio Problems

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Firebird Commander Radio Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 08:32 PM
jgun1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firebird Commander Radio Problems

HI there,

Hope someone can help.

I had a crash today (on the 3rd flight). I hit a high tension power line and then almost recovered but lost the plane in the bushy part of a tree. I see no apparent damage but after wards my plane will not respond to the transmitter once it is more than 20 yards away. I looked into the airplane and the antenna is still securely soldered to the connection. I also checked to see if the antenna had any damage or looked broken on the tail end, nothing found. As a last resort I got out my voltage meter and checked to see if the batteries in the transmitter were good, they were.

I find it weird that if damage occurred that the radio stills works, but with such a limited range.

Any ideas before I buy a new plane.

Thanks, Jeff
Old 06-21-2004, 07:42 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Firebird Commander Radio Problems

All I can recommend is that you try fresh batteries in the transmitter, and charge up the flight battery in the plane. If the plane sat in the bush for a length of time while you looked for it or tried to retrieve it, the battery would have run down.

You can get just the fuselage from any Hobby Zone dealer, or direct from Horizon.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:47 AM
maiochine

Hey jgun1969 !!!!!

I would like to know if you flew your Firebird Commander in the same place where you did the crash last time, and if its a affirmative i would like to ask you if you noticed that your aircraft, before your last crash, went out of a 20 yards of range on that day.Because i have your same aircraft and i have some 20 takeoffs and landings expirience and i know that their are two things important in that aircraft: 1-allways check your aircraft battery to be full
2-allways check that the area you're flying in does not contain some radio transmission frequencies (like police station ...some kind of radio communication antena)because your aircraft has an 27 mhz of frequency and that is two low and i can tell you that i flew in many places in Italy and some times due at the highier frequencies my airplane got out of reach and than the desastre !!!!

If you're intressted i made an video system on my Firebird Commander its the cheapest video system i think that exists !!!! and i have some on-board flight video tests if you want to take a look......

That's it pilot i guess you dont have to buy another one try to change places and fly safe...if you want any other advice about that bird, trust me i have alot of crash expirience and reparing on the FIREBIRD COMMANDER....

GOOD FLIGHT
Old 07-10-2004, 05:19 PM
bblaske
My Feedback: (2)

Hey maiochine
Sure do appreciate that advice because I crashed into an electric power line too and just prior it seemed as though there was no control for the plane. Your two tips are important in using the Commander. Let me know when you get the video system back on line cause I'd like to see the Firebird pictures.

Bob
Old 07-11-2004, 12:47 PM
maiochine

Hey Bob !!!!

Im sorry for your last crash, try to find another place you can go and fly in (iknow know its not that practical to search for the wright place),
you can go to my website : www.maiochine.neptune.com and see the latest pics of my Firebird Commander witch i changed the wing after the first and last attempt to execute a looping in the professional mode !!!! last time i practiced launching parachute and some straight turns manoeuvers.

You can see in my photo album also how i placed the webcam inside the aircraft, and know im working on a new project for the FireBird Commander witch will constrain a safe drop down of the aircraft thanks to a parachut placed on the tip of the tail and could be released in case of loss of controls on medium altitude (21fts),released due at the drop module placed on the front!!!
I thought of this project after that many times during flight the winds became gathering and unsuspectable and dangerous while landing about 1ft above the ground, and so
when we loose radio control for a while and we begin runing after the aircraft trying to get it backwards ....the only way is PULL DOWN THE ENGINE STICK AND RELEASE THE EMERGENCY CHUTE.......PS: the chute will not be a gliding type, it will be oscillating type..

thats all .... hope to get some news of you guys !1!
Old 07-11-2004, 05:21 PM
bblaske
My Feedback: (2)

Check out some of my pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/user/bblaske

There's several albums of photos and takes two pages to list them. Look for the one that says "Radio Controlled Flying"

Like that parachute idea for slowing down and want to know how you got that camera to work???
Having a problem viewing your video, but the photos were excellent. I'll keep trying.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Olivia
Banned

fIREBIRDS ARE STUPID . MY XL DOSE THE SAME THING . GET A OUTLAW , THOSE THINGS ARE $40 AND FUN . IT FLYS BEBER THAN MY XL EVER DID .
Old 07-12-2004, 04:52 AM
maiochine

hey there!!!! very nice photo album!!!

your Firebird Commander seems to have the original scheme !!!! mine is transformed to a personal scheme...ofcourse the red wing was the replacement part of that old miserable white one that was decorated with several holes due by the propeller impacts!!! now i found a way finaly...the plastic bands that you saw on theb end of the wing, this is the unique
solution !!!!!
My web cam works when you stick over the shot bottom a 2 cents piece and it will work till the 2:33 mins are done,because the web cam got an internal memo.
to see the videos you have to wait till its loaded...ijust tried to check it up and everything works well....

see ya soon..and have a nice and safe flight