Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

cc lee or art tech?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 07:45 PM
milky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cc lee or art tech?

hi guys, i'm electric newB from australia, and would like to know about some product. please help me to decide if anyone of you has an experience with this two.

1. art tech Wingspan: 980mm Length: 860mm Weight: 560gram Motor: 480, direct drive Battery: NiMH 8.4V 1000mAh - flying times of 15 minutes typical Radio: 27 MHz FM with proportional speed control, 4 channel . Speed 480 motor Three servos (rudder, ailerons and elevator)
Speed controller rated at 25A continuous, 50A peak (way more than this plane needs!) 27 MHz 4 channel transmitter - Mode 1 (throttle on right stick) 4 channel receiver

2. CCLee Dimensions (inches) : (Length) 32 x (Wing Span) 43 Wing Area: 14dm2 SD 27Mhz Transmitter (3 Channel) w/ Electronic Speed Controller
SD 4Channel 27Mhz receiver 1 Pair of interchangable Crystals
8.4 V NiMH Battery 110V Charger
Slow Speed Flying Capable, Goof for Beginner Shock Resistant Reinforced Foam uselage and Strong Wings
2 X 18g micro servo for Rudder and Elevator Control
R/C Set included, Complete 3 Channel Control including Digital PROPORTIONAL Motor Speed Control Knob Up to 300Maltitude, over 15 mins flight time Powered by 8.4V NIMH re-chargable battery (110v adaptor included)

thank you...
Old 11-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: cc lee or art tech?

How about #3, none of the above?

I for one don't know anything about the Art Tech, and unknown is bad, especially for a beginner. You want to choose a plane that has a GOOD reputation, and not just one or two positive reports.

The CCLee I've seen on Ebay, and I'm not impressed, unfortunately. They're built to a price point, not to be good fliers. I suspect that "Art Tech" is the same way.

What you posted is advertising hype, and you have to take it with a healthy pinch of salt.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:21 AM
milky

ORIGINAL: Matt Kirsch

How about #3, none of the above?

I for one don't know anything about the Art Tech, and unknown is bad, especially for a beginner. You want to choose a plane that has a GOOD reputation, and not just one or two positive reports.

The CCLee I've seen on Ebay, and I'm not impressed, unfortunately. They're built to a price point, not to be good fliers. I suspect that "Art Tech" is the same way.

What you posted is advertising hype, and you have to take it with a healthy pinch of salt.
may i know what make u not impressed with the cc lee? has anybody had a review on them?
Old 11-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

I approach all low-price, ready-to-fly airplanes with extreme caution.

Lack of information is my reason for caution in this case. I've seen them on Ebay, but never seen one fly, or heard of one flying. All I have is a picture and marketing drivel. The pictures aren't impressive, and I don't believe marketing hype without proof. Unless you're an expert pilot, want to be a guinea pig, and don't mind it if you throw away a bunch of money, look for a plane with a reputation as a good beginner's plane.

I've been down this road, believe me. Spent many allowances on pure JUNK that didn't fly back when I was a kid.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:20 PM
milky

thanks for that, i'll look for the good rating one....
Old 12-04-2004, 03:30 PM
lozza

Search these forums and RC Groups for Wing Dragon, the Art-tech plane you are talking about. There is plenty of information. It's a good plane for beginners, very robust and easy to fly. I learned to fly with it with no assistance from anyone else. Now on the 4 channel version, called Wing Dragon Sportster. Available in the US under the name BeginAir.