Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

are mini/micro accessories to small for this plane?

Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

are mini/micro accessories to small for this plane?

Old 03-19-2005, 09:38 PM
84 OLDSTYLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are mini/micro accessories to small for this plane?

I think I put this question in the wrong forum so I also put it in the (Electric general discussion) forum
This is my second electric, the first is a (Mountainmodels Miniflash) and I used mini/micro accessories (pushrods .032dia, control horns 1-16th ply, servos HiTec HS-55) it's about 14oz ready to fly!

The plane i'm building now is a(AirFlair Inc Sundancer 15) It's a High wing plane. will be around 2-2.25 lbs ready to fly, Wing span 42.5 in, Wing Area 313 sq in, Wing loading 15-16 oz/ sq ft. Will be used for Fully stalled, cross-controled (slip), spinning and snapping maneuvers, flat spins also knife edge flight.

My question is can I use mini/micro accessories (like DU-BRO park flyer accessories) on a plane this size or would they be to small? Should I move up to 2-56 pushrods/hardware and bigger servos? If I need to use the bigger size stuff what is best for a plane this size? Any and all advice would be a great help. If anyone has a setup that works good please let me know
Thank you for your time.

Old 03-20-2005, 12:49 AM
jooNorway

Default RE: are mini/micro accessories to small for this plane?

Since I dont know the Sundancer and have no idea of how much motor, speed and flying behavior it is about I`m not 100% sure, but; sounds like you should go for servoes with the double torque than the HS-55. Bluebird/Waypoint have some servoes with metal-gear, weighing 15,6 gram giving 3 times the torque, or the same one with plastic-gear slightly lighter and weaker. Hitec HS-81/85 is an alternative. And of course other brands at same size/torque...
The size of your pushrods again depends on airspeed and above all: lenght and connectors used. If your rudder/elevator servoes are placed up front look at the tiny Nyrods, cute, light and easy to install inside the fuse. Just remember to secure the outer tubes not only at the ends but 1-2 points in between too thus avoiding freeplay. 2mm or 2-56 is a safe size on pushrods used from servo to ailerons, then you are sure!
I would not have used parkflyer/micro accessories on this size birds, but there are lot of small and strong clevises and rudder-horns on the market.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:49 PM
84 OLDSTYLE

Default RE: are mini/micro accessories to small for this plane?

thanks for the info jooNorway