Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Slow-V Rx replaceing Help

Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Slow-V Rx replaceing Help

Old 06-08-2006, 05:39 PM
wotan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow-V Rx replaceing Help

My Slow-V came with dead electronics. Red Rocket outdid themselves in getting me both a replacement Rx and Tx. However, not being very bright at these things I am having trouble getting the old Rx off of the stick fuse of the Slow-V. It seems that somthing I can not see is holding it onto the fuse. As always, any help would be greatly appreciated. The man at Red Rocket said it would be easy. Hope it is. Thanks is advance and continued thanks to Leo L who is being a great help.

wotan
Old 06-09-2006, 07:45 AM
Leo L

Default RE: Slow-V Rx replaceing Help

The receiver is attached to the bracket with double sided tape. First, pull the antenna all the way out of the brackets, so that it won't get caught on anything, then simply pry the receiver off the bracket. The double sided tape is quite strong, so don't be concerned if it takes some force to get it off. I had to replace the receiver on my son's Slow-V and the replacement came with battery wires that were too short to reach the battery. I didn't want to alter the battery's location since it is the heaviest part of the plane and would alter the center of gravity, so I cut away the tabs on the front of the receiver bracket and moved the receiver forward until it could connect to the battery without straining the connector. I then used electrical wire ties to attach the receiver to the frame.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:58 PM
wotan1

Thanks again Leo L.

It has worked like you said even the wires from the Rx to the battery being too short. Now my servo (servos?) have gone wild seeming to run when I just plug the battery in - nothing from the Tx. I think I may have done that trying to get the elevators looking flush. The servos make a lot of noise but do not do much. As ususal Leo L. - HELP!!!!!!!!!!![sm=drowning.gif]

wotan
Old 06-12-2006, 07:18 AM
Leo L

You should first turn-on the transmitter, then plug in the airplane's battery. Normally, the servos will "chirp" at this point and move to their correct position. If the servos continue to make noise, try moving the transmitter away from the plane by several feet. If this doesn't help, you probably received a defective receiver and need to return it for a replacement. The PZ receivers are not of the highest quality and a number of them arrive defective. Don't hesitate to send it back and get a good one, because flying with a defective receiver is like playing Russian Roulet.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:52 PM
wotan1

[sm=confused.gif]Hello all.

Leo L your last suggestion did not work. In my frustration I angered someone at RedRocket then called Horizon. They asked me to send the planes back so I did. I just hope they will do something. It is really strange having 2 planes out of the same order not work right. I'm positive about the Slow-V but not overly sure about the Scout. I guess I will find out. I really appreciate your help and when I get the planes back I will probably be asking for help again.

wotan
Old 06-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Leo L

Horizon Hobby is known for their customer support. I'm sure that they will do right by you.

While you are waiting for your planes to return, get yourself an AirHogs Aeroace (no substitutions) at your local Toys-R-Us, Target, Wallmart, etc. The plane is 2-channel (similar to the Scout) but is much smaller, being only 9" long. Its virtually indestructable, can be flown in just about any area, is very easy to learn, and is simply lots of fun to fly. Check out the various threads regarding the AeroAce. It only costs $29 and will give you something to fly while you are waiting for your planes to return.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:31 PM
wotan1

Thanks for the encouragement. I have had an aero ace just sitting abound doing nothing. Have taken it out a couple of times now. It has been a little too windy for it so I havn't had a relaxing flite. A couple of very scarey ones however. I was flying it in a big place, 4 baseball fields square, but the wind up high kept bringing it closer to some trees along the border. I just managed enough control to keep it away from the trees and hard land it. No damage - they really are tough. Hope to get less wind this evening. Thanks again for all your help - wotan
Old 06-17-2006, 04:41 PM
wotan1

The wind at most was only about 2mph this morning (late morning). I flew the little plane 6 or 7 times. No disasters but I never felt really in control. I was flying in a large space and it seemed I needed all of it. Having a lot of trouble getting the plane to fly straight and level - wants to go in circles all of the time.
Hope my real planes are getting to Horizon. The little plane will have to do for a while.

wotan
Old 07-06-2006, 04:34 PM
wotan1

Hope you see this Leo L.

I sent my 2 planes (Scout & Slo-V) back to Horizon Hobby as I posted about 2 weeks ago. Today I recieved 2 brand new planes in the mail!!! You were certainly correct about how Horizon treats their customers.[] I have not had time to try them yet or even put them together but I will soon.

Had fun with the AA's in the meantime. I think I learned a little with them - I read a lot about them. Now back to the Scout & Slo-V.

Be posting more soon.

Wotan1
Old 07-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Leo L

Great to hear that the manufacturer treated you right! Keep us up to date on how your flying goes.