Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Need a Plane Suggestion

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Need a Plane Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 09:06 PM
sputnikxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a Plane Suggestion

I purchaed the aerobird challenger... that didnt work crashed it a lot and demolished it.... then I went to a SS got it up in the air a few times but broke a lot of props... and damaged the gear box.... I then went to wally world got me a air hogs plane.... ive been flying it for bout 3 weeks now It didnt take long at all for me to get the hang of that one and I am good enough with it that I can fly it right back to my hand even in moderate wind....

I have been looking at the mini slinger.... what do you guys think about it as far as being a good choice for a novice flyer.... What do you guys suggest.....? I want something that is gonna hold out through my trials of learning... ( I only want to buy ARF Kits)
Old 10-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Fliprob17

Default RE: Need a Plane Suggestion

I am not a big fan of the flying wings. Take a look at the EasyStar and the Parkzone J3 Cub and the Hobbyzone SuperCub.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:21 PM
tekajo

If you can buy a simulator.......go for it. I practiced with a simulator, then bought an easystar. My first flight was a success. The airplane is a pusher and can take lots of abuse. I do not see how anythng can be any better.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:32 AM
sputnikxxx

thanks for the info guys... I have been in the hobby about 2 months now and my funds are limited... but I like the look of the easy star... what is it capable of as far as flying... can it do loops and things like that... ? and what are the flight times ... if there is anyone that can give me some input on the mini slinger I would appreciate it
Old 10-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Fliprob17

The EasyStar is capable of anything with the right motor. There is a guy at the field I fly at that has it with a brushless inrunner, and it hauls, takes off of the grass and does loops, barrel rolls, etc....The stock motor will not do these things, but it is really a cool plane with a brushless.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:50 PM
tekajo

With a stock motor and seven cell I can do loops with my easystar. 1100 nimh brings six - eight minutes flights.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:57 PM
sputnikxxx

ok... my next question...... I have a jr 4 channel transmitter for me but I am also buying the kids planes for christmas what is a good transmitter? Im looking for one that I can keep and use for all my planes
Old 10-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Fliprob17

Either one of these depending on your needs:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXJUV7**&P=0

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXKSB5**&P=0

Just a note, you can only use negative shift parts with Futaba stuff. So you could not use a JR receiver or servos with a Futaba radio, JR is positive shift. So Hitec and Futaba parts only if you get a Futaba radio.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:48 AM
sputnikxxx

ok... I appreciate the info .... I just wish there was an air field where I live that I could go to and see the planes in action im tired.. of spending money on things that end up being decorations for my house lol.. with a little luck my house wont end up looking like a plane graveyard....

oh I also noticed these micro flyers... but I cant find any good solid info on them... are there any decent priced 4 channel arf electric trainers that are like the size of the little air hogs planes?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:35 AM
coolbean

No one arfs peanut scale that I know of. And I wouldn't reccomend that size for learning anyway.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:40 AM
sputnikxxx

well the only reason i wanted something small like that was because of my limited area I have to fly... I dont have a big back yard and the park in my area is lame and there is no one I know of that does have a big field