Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

My new Micro Plane

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 01:38 AM
jabs130

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Micro Plane

Just got a new plane. The two motored indoor/outdoor X-EC. Its pretty easy, to fly. its only two channel, but works fine. no speed conrol thouhg. to fly you press in a button and it turn on the motor. then the left and right controls, are also simple. NO servos. To turn right it turns up the left motor and turns down the right. My only problem so far is the batteries. the charger is built into the remote. you can recharge the battery whill you are flying the other. Unforchunatly this suchs up battery power VERY fast and the transmition range soon starts to falter because of it. the charger could be seperate from transmiter, but still battery powered, or a car adapter thing.
The main point is that it is a realy easy plane to fly (my little brother can fly it) its pretty durable, and the kit comes with 2 extra propelors and other parts. If you get one i sugest you get a second battery. (hint: the transmiter dosent have to be on to charge the battery, so don't leave it on which wasts power.) You could easly fly it in a gym or parking lot. IT doesn't work if you try to fly it in the wind. anything above 3 mph makes it realy hard. It is a easy plane to fly and is a good thing for your kids, or yourself if you are new to the sport.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:07 PM
jabs130

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Micro Plane

I would like to recant on this post. DO DO NOT GET THIS PLANE!!! after flying it longer i find that it had incredibly linited range. YOu only get about three charges off new batteries before the range becomes limited. Like10 ft range. If the company came out with a new model then i would buy it but do no tbuy this one.
Unless you own a battery factory

Alex,