Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Newbie Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:23 AM
buzzbait00
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Please Help!

Im a newbie and I know a Aerobird 3 is not really for beginners but I can't get the bird in the air!I hand lauch it into a calm wind level at full throtel and it glides bout 10 feet and nose dives every time.I have adjusted the back tail screws and it dosent seem to make that big of a difference.If I keep trying Im not going to have much plane left!!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:30 PM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie Please Help!

ORIGINAL: buzzbait00

Im a newbie and I know a Aerobird 3 is not really for beginners but I can't get the bird in the air!I hand lauch it into a calm wind level at full throtel and it glides bout 10 feet and nose dives every time.I have adjusted the back tail screws and it dosent seem to make that big of a difference.If I keep trying Im not going to have much plane left!!
make shure the "CG" is right, maybe that is the issue, also tried using up elevator????
Old 12-19-2007, 08:17 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Newbie Please Help!

ORIGINAL: buzzbait00

I started on an Aerobird, the original. The AB3 is actually a pretty good starter plane, even though HobbyZone rates it zone 2. I often recommend it to new pilots.

First you MUST read this thread if you have not. It is on Wattflyer, which is a sister forum to RCU. DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE TILL YOU READ THIS THREAD!

Six Keys to Success
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18

Aerobird - Series of mods and tips - These are more focused on the Original Aerobird and the Aerobird Challenger but they still apply to your plane. Only major difference is you have control rods where those planes used fishing line and rubber bands to work the tail. So your adjustments are done differently
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_47...tm.htm#4890702

As long as you are using the stock battery pack you don't need to worry about CG, it is set at the factory!

Now, you say you are gliding the plane, that means with the motor off. Tell me why you are doing that? I am not saying you are wrong, just asking why.

You say you have modified the tail settings. Why?

We will get you flying but you have to read first.

You tell us nothing about yourself so I will assume this is your first plane and you have no help. Am I correct?

Read, then post again please.