Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Electrics to Glow Conversions
 Connections for engine & receiver >

Connections for engine & receiver

Notices
Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

Connections for engine & receiver

Old 08-22-2012, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connections for engine & receiver

HI GUYS, I am new to elecric been in gas for 40 years or so . Question . I am told to use the same battery for the receiver & the engine told that the connection to the speed controller has to be seperated somehow as it can start up on one when you switch on the radio . So really i need to know about the wiring of the whole set up for the radio & the speed conroller. is it normal to have the eng/Radio on the same battery . scared the radio would quit before the engine & hence a crash ??? Thanks for anyones help / HURRI
Old 08-26-2012, 04:14 PM

Default RE: Connections for engine & receiver

Well this forum is for people converting a Electric Plane to a glow plane.  Not for asking basic electric setup questions. You might get more reply's asking your question in a different forum.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:36 AM

BIG SORRY to CKREEF thought it was the other way around from gas to electric , which would seem to be the most common of the two Hurri
Old 08-29-2012, 09:35 AM
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes it might be more common but look at tge forums tab at the top and there is a whole "electric" forume set up for electric stuff. Also in a electric plane the thing that drives the prop,fan is a "motor" not and engine.

now with that aside all most all speed controls will have a bec function that hoodks into the throttle port on your receiver. this supplies power to run the receiver. the bec will cut off motor power if battery gets low so that the radio will still function.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:19 PM

thanks AIRRAPTOR, good to know the eng quits before the tx . will look in the other column mentioned . HURRI