Community
Search
Notices
Employment, Jobs, Help Wanted in Radio Control Industry List your ad free for help wanted in the rc industry here. If you are seeking a job in the rc industry post your resume or other information as applicable here.

looking for a job in the R/C or UAS industry

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a job in the R/C or UAS industry

Hi,

I figured I'd try this forum to get some more suggestions, leads, visability, etc. for a job in the R/C or UAS industry. I anticipate going full-bore into a job search in 2 or 3 months.

I won't post my resume here, but here is some of my background:

- B.S. in Aerospace Engineering

- I have been building and flying R/C model airplanes since 1988 and helicopters since 1998.

- I led three teams in an annual design/build/fly competition for unmanned aircraft and did very well; I currently help each year at the same competition by flying for teams that don't have their own pilot.

- The last 6 years of my employment have been in production-related mechanical design (at one place).

- I also have 2 years of work experience designing, building, and test flying unmanned aircraft.

- I have used SolidWorks almost daily since 1999.

- I have experience in a machine shop. I love the CNC mill at my current place of employment!

It seems that the ideal fit of my experience would be a position designing and testing model airplanes to be mass-produced. I would also enjoy doing mechanical design and piloting for a small company working with unmanned aircraft.

Oh, and I'm also open to temporary positions, especially this Summer.

Thanks in advance for any help I get here!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: looking for a job in the R/C or UAS industry

I'm still on the lookout for great opportunity in the R/C or UAS industry, but I've now revised my search to permanent positions in Southern California. Thanks for the help!
Old 07-25-2009, 10:49 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: looking for a job in the R/C or UAS industry

Try Aerovironment. I think they are in the Simi valley area.