Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Echo 45cc - worth messing with?

Old 04-26-2004, 10:54 PM
xvz12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Echo 45cc - worth messing with?

Hi, all!
I was digging through my shed this evening, & ran across an Echo 452VL chainsaw that I'd completely forgotten I had - from what I've been able to scare up on the 'net, it's a 45cc. As best I can tell, It's probably six or seven years old, but who knows? It was given to me as having fuel problems, but I never got around to fixing it, as I already have all the saws I need. Its got good strong compression, but I'll have tear it down before I do anything else to check it out. Since I'm kinda new to this conversion business( I do have a Homelite 25cc I converted), I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not this would be a good engine to convert. I've already checked out the "Don't forget the Echo" thread, and pretty much all the threads for the last six months or so, but I don't see where anyone has worked on this particular size of Echo/Koritz. Any help, info, or opinions on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
xvz12
Old 04-27-2004, 02:07 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Echo 45cc - worth messing with?

It should work well...It has a flywheel mag with points..Would be lighter converted to CD ignition..It's 2.69 cubic inches..No one makes a kit for these, so all parts would need to be made.....Echo engines are as good as anything else made....