Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Poulan 42cc

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Den B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poulan 42cc

Well I went and did it I won a reonditioned saw on ebay Puolan pro 260 for my current build
Tonight I got it and IT got taken apart down to the short block , I know I have to go with electronic ignition.
The question I have is how short is too short to order the prop adaptor for it as I have a rather tight install.

Any tips are welcome also

Den
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46465.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	197924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19689.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	197925  
Old 12-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Poulan 42cc

I did a Craftsman 38cc chainsaw that looked identical to your engine.

I sent it to Ralph and he did the conversion for me with his ignition system. Worked great. I ran it on 40:1 mix and it was turning an 20-6 at close to 7500RPM. I put a set of Frank Bowman rings in it. Sold it on Ebay and regret it. I have a project right now and I need a 35-40cc engine for it.

I don't think there is a problem with making prop hubs too short. Long is not a good idea. If you can make it short and still get your magnet in the hub, I'd think that would be better. Leave yourself enough room for threads- so that you can bolt your props on. I would think 1/2" of threads should be more than sufficient.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Poulan 42cc

You can make a hub that's about 1/2 inch longer than the crank..Then use a stud made from threaded rod with a nut to hold the prop on....[8D]