Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

My hat's off to Wacker Engines!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 05:22 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My hat's off to Wacker Engines!

I recently ordered parts from Peter Faith. They are for a Homelite 45cc conversion. He sent me mounts, prop adapter, velocity stack, and muffler. I paid under $100 for all of them, including shipping. The parts arrived 10 days after I sent my money order, and I am thouroughly impressed with his craftsmanship. Peter was very easy to talk to on the phone, and tell me what all I needed for the conversion. I assembled the engine today, and all parts fit perfectly. Thank you Mr. Faith, and Wacker engines. I wouldn't hesitate to order from you again. Great service and a great product!
Old 01-26-2005, 10:11 PM
gtisme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My hat's off to Wacker Engines!

I second that!
He recently made a prop adapter for my Ryobi 26cc 4 stroke that fits like a glove and looks like a million bucks.....always helpful and courteous.

Gary
Old 01-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Gene Chernosky
My Feedback: (182)

I ordered two mounting plates, two mufflers, two venturis and a prop hub from him late last year. The prices seemed very fair. Upon receiving the items I noticed the prop hub and venturis were very well made, the mufflers were fairly nice but the mounting plates sucked! The mounting plate's sides were not square to each other and the sides were not straight either...very poor craftsmanship. Fortunately I am done converting engines and won't be needing anymore parts.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:35 PM
smallplanes
My Feedback: (3)

You win some and you lose some.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Hey..more like the old "Mean Gene" from RC Online...
Old 01-27-2005, 08:21 PM
Deadeye

ORIGINAL: Gene Chernosky

I ordered two mounting plates, two mufflers, two venturis and a prop hub from him late last year. The prices seemed very fair. Upon receiving the items I noticed the prop hub and venturis were very well made, the mufflers were fairly nice but the mounting plates sucked! The mounting plate's sides were not square to each other and the sides were not straight either...very poor craftsmanship. Fortunately I am done converting engines and won't be needing anymore parts.
That's suprising. Mine were as straight and true as possible. He uses 'T' type extruded aluminum, so unless there was a flaw at the factory that the T bar was produced, I don't see how they couldn't be straight and true. And if they were flawed, I ddoubt very much Peter would have used them. Do you have pictures to back up this claim?
Old 01-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Gene Chernosky
My Feedback: (182)

Homelite 25cc airplane mounts use a simple flat plate that is 3 1/4" x 3 3/4". Sorry, I don't have any pictures to 'back up my claim' (ROTFLMAO). I have NO reason to lie about this. They were very poorly made or made in a REAL big hurry.

Both plates were squared up by me on my table saw, sandblasted and then sold on engines I converted. In the future if I need any more mounting plates I'll cut out my own as I have a source for 1/4" 6061 T6 aluminum plate scraps.

FWIW...I will buy Bennett mufflers from other sources instead of buying Peter's mufflers, too.

You get what you pay for.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:39 AM
Deadeye

ORIGINAL: Gene Chernosky

Homelite 25cc airplane mounts use a simple flat plate that is 3 1/4" x 3 3/4". Sorry, I don't have any pictures to 'back up my claim' (ROTFLMAO). I have NO reason to lie about this. They were very poorly made or made in a REAL big hurry.

Both plates were squared up by me on my table saw, sandblasted and then sold on engines I converted. In the future if I need any more mounting plates I'll cut out my own as I have a source for 1/4" 6061 T6 aluminum plate scraps.

FWIW...I will buy Bennett mufflers from other sources instead of buying Peter's mufflers, too.

You get what you pay for.
I can see what you mean now. Sorry for the poor quality that you experienced. I had a really good experience with Wacker Engines, and just wanted to pass along that I was pleased. I didn't want to start a comparison type of thread. Not enough is said about good experiences; and I, for one, like to post about GOOD things. Wacker engines was a GOOD thing. No need to ROFLYAO. I just related a good experience.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:50 PM
RedWing
My Feedback: (4)

My hats off to Wacker Engines!!!
Great service and great parts.
I would never hesitate to order more parts from him!!!
I ordered engine mount, muffler, and a prop adapter for a Ryobi 31cc.

Bill