Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Homelite piston

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Bean Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelite piston

This is not related to RC, but I have a homelite "Waterbug" water pump that I need a piston for. This piston is stamped inside with this # 70367B. I have check several sites without any luck to find parts for this pump. I checked with Frank Bowman and he thinks it is probably a 25CC and has the ring, but doesn't have the piston. The piston is 1.309 dia. by 1.236 high with top of ring groove 0.091 below top of piston, wrist pin is 0.3115 dia and wrist pin bore center is 0.594 below piston top surface, piston has pin in ring groove for ring gap. This pump was made in about 1982 and I would like to find either a new piston or a serviceable used one to repair the engine. Probably would be easier to find a newer pump, but now it is a challenge to repair this one. Anyone have something like lying around or know where I can find one?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:30 AM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Homelite piston

Bean,
Since your piston has a pin ring, it may be a Homelite 30cc. The 25 has a floating ring. Posting pictures of the bare motor and piston would be very helpful. Here is the e-mail of a friend who sells pistons named Lucas. [email protected]

Dave