Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

25cc machined flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 09:47 PM
jrjr2u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25cc machined flywheel

I am still wondering about these engines. What if it was changed over to a glo plug then the flywheel could be removed along with the rest of the electrics. As I understand it, being machined is not a good thing but what about the glo route? Possible?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81327.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	599745  
Old 01-16-2007, 10:35 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 25cc machined flywheel

The Glow conversion should work ok. What was your question about maching? You can buy a adapter for the Glow Plug. Even Gas/Glow fuel may work good. It will not cost to much yo try. Regards Capt,n
Old 01-17-2007, 06:23 AM
jrjr2u

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

The Glow conversion should work ok. What was your question about maching? You can buy a adapter for the Glow Plug. Even Gas/Glow fuel may work good. It will not cost to much yo try. Regards Capt,n
About the machining.... A while I posted a link to this and it got deleted due to forum rules. I wansn't aware of that, my apologies. Anyway, I think it was you, captnjohn, that said something about the machined flywheel and that making it not so good of an option. Doing it this way hopefully the post won't get deleted.... Anyway, with a glo conversion the flywheel would not be needed along with the rest of the ignition. I'm curious about the rest of the motor. Has anyone checked these out?

The guy states that it is a "replacement for a Ryobi weedeater or blower" and also "I do not know the manufacture but the letters JC are on the flywheel" and also ".I have over 100 of these motors"

It could be either a good thing, or a nightmare, for a bunch of people!!

Here's another shot:

Name:	Wu61444.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	599943  
Old 01-17-2007, 09:59 AM
captinjohn

The engine in photo appears to be the same25cc engine I have on a Mac leaf blower. The same as the one in the thread "what a deal". It is not a Ryobi like the 31cc engine they have in a Ryobi power product. It is a good little engine to convert for RC. I had 2 and I converted 1 but put it back in blower, because it worked as a blower so good. The other one the recoil and the throttle arm broke and I was given a Homelite in exchange. They could not get parts at that time for repair on the Mac MB290. Most likley the carb would be replaced on a conversion and the recoil would not be used. I cannot remember about what I said about the machining on the flywheel. It may have been a warning not to cut the flywheel so as to reduce its strength and cause parts to fly from it when running. If you want to send me 2 engines, I will convert one free and send it back to you all set to run on stock mag with prop adapter. For doing that I get to keep the other one to further experiment on. Thanks Capt,n

Name:	Ay74309.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	600027  
Old 01-17-2007, 10:06 AM
captinjohn

jrjr2u: In post #1 is a photo of your engine with the flywheel end towards camera I think. I will try to post both that engine and my engine, side by side for comparison. Capt,n
Old 01-17-2007, 10:55 AM
jrjr2u

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

jrjr2u: I forgot to ask...can you post a photo of your engine with the flywheel end towards camera. Thanks Capt,n
I would if I could
I don't have any of these yet, just thinking about one and looking for more info.
The first pic up top is the best one available for a flywheel shot.

Here is a bit more that the guy says about the motor:

"Motor has Walbro WT-675 carb with primer bulb. Shaft Diameter is 16mm (.62992) shaft sticks out about 1/2 in from motor and has a 19mm flange nut on the end."

He also says it has "JC" on the flywheel

So, 25cc Mac is a good motor as I have read.....
Old 01-17-2007, 11:18 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The flywheel on these engines are turned around backwards with the fins towards the engine like on a Weed Eater.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:44 AM
captinjohn

like this

Name:	Vs55502.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	600076  
Old 01-17-2007, 04:30 PM
jrjr2u

Ok thanks for the input. I guess I will pass on this motor. In the "what a deal" thread I read that parts are not that available for the Macs and they are not the strongest runners either.
Sounds like I should stick with Homelite.