Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Need Some Engine ID Help--Poulan

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 01:13 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Need Some Engine ID Help--Poulan

I bought this last week on that auction site. Don't have it yet.
Guy advertised it as a Poulan 2150 and said it was 2.1 cubic inch. Makes sense with a model number of 2150. 2.15 cubic inches. 35cc

Someone who was looking at the auction must have sent him an email, because he posted some comments to the auction that indicated it might be a 42cc, but he wasn't sure. That would be a 2.6 cubic inch.

Anyway to identify it by the pic?

I don't care either way. I was gonna buy it if it was 35cc anyway. If it's 42cc, then thats just a bonus. Of course, after it gets here, I'll measure the bore and stroke to calculate it for sure. But, curiosity is killing me and I'm bettin' on of you guys knows what it is, with the Poulan engines being so popular and all.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68834.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	603909  
Old 01-22-2007, 10:16 AM
tkg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Some Engine ID Help--Poulan

Sorry no help here. Poulan makes 3 engines on that block . You will need to measure and so the math.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:28 PM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rcpilot,
The 2150 was a 34cc saw. It should be a sweet conversion, since thr carb bolts on to the cylinder. The 34cc should have deeper transfer passages, because of the smaller bore on a big block.

Regards, Dave

http://www.epinions.com/content_79762656900
Old 01-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Dave.

Do ya think it's possible to drop a different cylinder and piston on this unit to get a few more cubes out of it?

It's supposed to run. I don't need to replace the piston and cylinder. But, for the price, I could easily afford to drop a 42cc or 46cc jug and piston on it and I'd still have a cheap engine.

Now if I can just find a guy to do a little machine work for me--I'll be all set.

I've got my eye on that GP Giant Super Sportster. (I know, I know--I swore off the GP ARFs after the Pitts--but I LOVE the Sportster, and it's getting decent reviews from modelers) I'm thinking a little 34cc or 40cc gasser on the Sportster would be tons of fun for pennies per flight.