Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 12:11 PM
chris1379

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Add another one to the list of dead stock motors. Mine gave it up last night. I can see bits of burnt copper in the bottom of it, lol. While I'm waiting on the brushless, is there a cheap motor commonly available at an LHS that I can stick on there for some hover training today? I thought about a Blade CP motor cause it's a 370 but the Blade is alot lighter. They may have a cheap brushless made for a 450 since there are so many of those around. Any suggestions, guys?

Chris
Old 02-03-2008, 12:20 PM
chris1379

What about an Axe CP motor? I know they have those.

Chris
Old 02-03-2008, 12:21 PM
osterizer

You need a motor that has a 26mm diameter body, standard hole spacing, 2.3mm shaft, and 200W or so power capacity. You'll also need to match up the Kv and pinion- getting the right pinion at a LHS might be a bigger problem than finding a motor.

The Blade motors will likely only last a very short time in the King before they burn up.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:54 PM
chris1379

If it's as good as or better than the stock motor, I'll be happy. The brushless should be here soon. While I'm thinking of it, will this pinion be OK for the 3900 KV E-Sky? It's a Low-Cost RC 10T, 2.3mm.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91665.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	869023  
Old 02-03-2008, 01:03 PM
crimsonrain22

A friend of mine tried the axe motor is his king 2, It didn't have enough power to lift off. And that pinion looks l just like the align on I use. The king with brushless uses a 2.3mm pinion with a .5 gear pitch.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Blusaber

ORIGINAL: crimsonrain22

ORIGINAL: Blusaber

Here's a vid of mine in back yard with the 43T pulley and KB tail blades

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOTk9JS9Tts punch outs (sorta) in middle of vid camera had trouble keeping up

Gary
Looks like it helps the tail more then I thought it would, What Gryo are you running, How does it hold in flips and rolls?
Hi CR

I'm using the 2100T as for flips and rolls i'm not theere yet so can't say

Gary
Old 02-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Blusaber

ORIGINAL: chris1379

If it's as good as or better than the stock motor, I'll be happy. The brushless should be here soon. While I'm thinking of it, will this pinion be OK for the 3900 KV E-Sky? It's a Low-Cost RC 10T, 2.3mm.
The pinions for the Blade 400 will work and should be easy to find also the Blade 400 main gear is a direct drop in fit for the king and runs much truer the combo is very quiet on my king.

Gary
GTX SlotCar

Add another one to the list of dead stock motors. ...I thought about a Blade CP motor ...
When my stock motor burned up (after 2 or 3 flights), I tried a BCP motor I had hanging around, and also a similar "hot" motor. They both burned up in a few seconds, but did lift off. When I say burned up, I mean glowing parts of brush material flying all over the place and lots of smoke. I thought about putting a 3rd motor in just to catch the smoke and sparks on video, but decided not to risk a heli destroying fire.

chris1379

Thanks for the info on the Axe motor. I found a Cermark 480 airplane motor. It would fit with a spacer under it but not under the canopy. Hhhmmm, I just wonder. Should have enough power.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:53 PM
lohchief

Thanks for the info on the Axe motor. I found a Cermark 480 airplane motor. It would fit with a spacer under it but not under the canopy. Hhhmmm, I just wonder. Should have enough power.
Is it brushless?If it is,do you have a brushless esc?What is the motor rated at? If it's a high rpm motor,you need a small pinion,9t,or 10t would be better.11t will give you mass quanities of headspeed.
-lohchief
Old 02-03-2008, 07:48 PM
five-string

A couple questions for ya...
1. Is it pronounced Ē-sky or Ĕs-kee?

2. From the pilot's position, what channel is the left rear servo plugged into on the rx? Right rear servo? Front servo?

3. What is the correct orientation for mounting the Esky 0704A HH gyro? Label facing.....?

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:16 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: five-string

A couple questions for ya...
1. Is it pronounced Ē-sky or Ĕs-kee?

2. From the pilot's position, what channel is the left rear servo plugged into on the rx? Right rear servo? Front servo?

3. What is the correct orientation for mounting the Esky 0704A HH gyro? Label facing.....?

Thanks.

0704A worked best facing rearward (I attached it to the two servos with double sided foam tape) Rudder plug on the left with the signal wire down(looking at it from the rear).

Rudder....ch 4/ right rear...ch 6 /left rear...ch 1/ front ch 2/ ESC...ch3 looking at it from rear, on a stock radio system.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:07 PM
five-string

Thanks, Vic. Care to take a stab at question #1? I believe it is E-sky not Eskee.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:02 PM
crashcrash

Thanks, Vic. Care to take a stab at question #1? I believe it is E-sky not Eskee.

I'd believe you're right BUT these are chinese we're talking about...who knows? Note on the 0704A. You don't have the option of a reverse switch on the gyro. If it acts stupid and you can't dial it in, flip it over so the rudder plug is on the right instead of left. I had a heck of a time setting up the MX-400 at first using the 0704A, but it's working pretty good now.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:06 PM
lohchief

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

I'd believe you're right BUT these are chinese we're talking about...who knows? Note on the 0704A. You don't have the option of a reverse switch on the gyro. If it acts stupid and you can't dial it in, flip it over so the rudder plug is on the right instead of left. I had a heck of a time setting up the MX-400 at first using the 0704A, but it's working pretty good now.
Crash,have you done the 43t tail conversion yet? OBTW,I have an H model fuse on the way from darthdrk.I'll probably put it on my kingII,including the hightorque elevated tailrotor.This is gonna be phunn.
-lonchief
Old 02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: lohchief

Crash,have you done the 43t tail conversion yet? OBTW,I have an H model fuse on the way from darthdrk.I'll probably put it on my kingII,including the hightorque elevated tailrotor.This is gonna be phunn.
-lonchief
LOL....break out your wallet (paint, screws/nuts, etc). I'm no longer an owner of HBKII's. Sold 'em off, now flying the MX-400. Took about a week of working on it to make it flyable, but it flies good. A lot of the MX-400 is T-Rex 450 compatable, and I've already ordered T-Rex parts to replace the substandard parts on the MX-400, so it'll be a real nice heli when I'm done.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:49 PM
crimsonrain22

Hey crashcrash, What will we do without you being a esky owner, Actually I moved up to a Trex 450s-GF. I just cant bring myself to sell the King2 yet. Thought has crossed my mind being I could get enougth out of it to buy a Gy401 gryo but I just havent been able to do it yet.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:55 PM
crimsonrain22

Also Congrats to all you Giants Fans out there. What a great game, Im a Colts guy myself so them winning was the next best thing for me. Best game I have seen since last year, probably better but im bias.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:58 PM
crashcrash

Hey crashcrash, What will we do without you being a esky owner, Actually I moved up to a Trex 450s-GF. I just cant bring myself to sell the King2 yet. Thought has crossed my mind being I could get enougth out of it to buy a Gy401 gryo but I just havent been able to do it yet.

crim.....I've got enough spare parts, gyro, servos, motor/esc to put a bare bones together....and I'm still thinking about doing that. Make no mistake...the HBKII is the BEST 300 sized heli on the market, I might have another in a week or two (LOL).
Old 02-03-2008, 11:35 PM
lohchief

crim.....I've got enough spare parts, gyro, servos, motor/esc to put a bare bones together....and I'm still thinking about doing that. Make no mistake...the HBKII is the BEST 300 sized heli on the market, I might have another in a week or two (LOL).
My better half bought me the kingII for xmas,I would never sell it,besides I like the hell out of it.I haven't done anything with my exi 450 yet.It's all together sans all of the electrics,but it pretty much comes that way.That will be a scaler too.Then I'll get another.My next big purchase will be a new 2.4ghz radio.I will be going futaba,and not the 6exh.I am totally hooked on scale.Pod and boom just doesn't do much for me at all,as with 3d stuff.Dain bramage I guess.
-lohchief
Old 02-03-2008, 11:48 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: lohchief

My better half bought me the kingII for xmas,I would never sell it,besides I like the hell out of it.I haven't done anything with my exi 450 yet.It's all together sans all of the electrics,but it pretty much comes that way.That will be a scaler too.Then I'll get another.My next big purchase will be a new 2.4ghz radio.I will be going futaba,and not the 6exh.I am totally hooked on scale.Pod and boom just doesn't do much for me at all,as with 3d stuff.Dain bramage I guess.
-lohchief
Yup, scale is cool. Thinking about Agusta 109 for the MX-400. I'm not really fond of the decals that come with it (T-Rex/Align fuse). I'll see what U.S. military schemes are available for it.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:54 AM
shizack

Hey crash - might want to replace the tail works on that thing with the Trex slider and grips. Don't know the part # for the slider, but HS1176 tail holder works great. My first MX400 crash was due to one of the tail grip bearings seizing. It checked out fine in all the pre-flights. The Align one is much more reliable, and has much less slop. It is now serving proudly on the King.

Also, if you haven't already, get the aluminum center hub or switch to another brand 450 head unit. The stock MX400 plastic hub is very weak and can't withstand much higher headspeed than is required for hovering. I have one that I've kept for some strange reason...just like the look of it, I guess.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:40 AM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: shizack

Hey crash - might want to replace the tail works on that thing with the Trex slider and grips. Don't know the part # for the slider, but HS1176 tail holder works great. My first MX400 crash was due to one of the tail grip bearings seizing. It checked out fine in all the pre-flights. The Align one is much more reliable, and has much less slop. It is now serving proudly on the King.

Also, if you haven't already, get the aluminum center hub or switch to another brand 450 head unit. The stock MX400 plastic hub is very weak and can't withstand much higher headspeed than is required for hovering. I have one that I've kept for some strange reason...just like the look of it, I guess.
LOL.....I ordered and got the aluminum center hub and the 120deg CCPM (including the aluminum swash) upgrades before I even got the MX-400 and they are installed. I ordered a stock T-Rex tail rotor assembly (complete), flybar stab control, rudder servo holder and push rod, and T-Rex skid set. It didn't take long to figure out what was weak on the MX-400. Once all this stuff is installed, it'll be as good if not a little better than the HBKII. I've got it flying AWSOME right now. I also made a slanted aluminum battery holder, and I think you know why (the stock battery holder is non-existant). Total investment...$160 for a GOOD 400 sized heli which isn't bad. I also found that the stock 288mm woodies...they're too long. I went to 275mm, and it was a major improvement. It's a good heli but just like the HBKII, you gotta fix the engineering flaws to make it perfect.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:36 PM
skippy7399

Hey guys and gals? I just installed my 43 tooth belt tail conversion along with a set of Xtreme plastic blades on my HBK2. WOW! What a difference! Super stable, no vibrations, near perfect blade tracking. OK, I may have to go buy myself a head botton to stop the blades. No big deal. One thing I thought I should point out is when you remove the main shaft to replace belt gear, pay close attention to the brass spacer under it. I hadn't noticed it until it fell out. Thinking it went with the main gear I installed the belt gear and noticed it falls down onto frame and the locking pin fell out. So be sure you put the brass spacer under the belt gear first. The only down side I noticed afterwards is the tail is moved back slightly, thus it's a little tail heavy now. Moving the battery forward solved this quickly.

Also on a side note for those looking to buy parts for these helis. Xheli.com is based out of california and has most items in stock. Shipping takes days not weeks.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:14 PM
lohchief

ORIGINAL: skippy7399

Hey guys and gals? I just installed my 43 tooth belt tail conversion along with a set of Xtreme plastic blades on my HBK2. WOW! What a difference! Super stable, no vibrations, near perfect blade tracking. OK, I may have to go buy myself a head botton to stop the blades. No big deal. One thing I thought I should point out is when you remove the main shaft to replace belt gear, pay close attention to the brass spacer under it. I hadn't noticed it until it fell out. Thinking it went with the main gear I installed the belt gear and noticed it falls down onto frame and the locking pin fell out. So be sure you put the brass spacer under the belt gear first. The only down side I noticed afterwards is the tail is moved back slightly, thus it's a little tail heavy now. Moving the battery forward solved this quickly.

Also on a side note for those looking to buy parts for these helis. Xheli.com is based out of california and has most items in stock. Shipping takes days not weeks.
How do you like those extreme blades? I've got the 43t conversion on the way,but I have been wondering how those blades work.I know they are not really recommended for 3d,which suits me okay fine.Are they semi sym,or outright flatbottoms?
-lohchief

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.