Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:07 AM
court461

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

ORIGINAL: Zimatosa

ORIGINAL: jeremycann08

ill post up some pics... see if you can see anything that may not be correct
.I also use a Sharpie on one side for tracking, I had tape on the blades once and my tracking always seemed off....

Wait, are you saying on the lighter side you mark with a sharpie (a marker) and that balances the blades? Does that really work? I always use tape and have never heard of that. If I missunderstood please enlighten me, I would like to try this. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:57 AM
KCinNC

ORIGINAL: court461

.I also use a Sharpie on one side for tracking, I had tape on the blades once and my tracking always seemed off....

Wait, are you saying on the lighter side you mark with a sharpie (a marker) and that balances the blades? Does that really work? I always use tape and have never heard of that. If I missunderstood please enlighten me, I would like to try this. Thanks.
i think he is referring to using a sharpie instead of blade tracking tape...a small colored strip of tape along one of the blades from the leading edge back....when you look at it from the side at eye level while flying...you can tell if one blade is tracking higher or lower than the other....usually you adjust the other blade to match the blade with the tracking mark....
Old 05-21-2008, 12:45 PM
court461

[/quote]

i think he is referring to using a sharpie instead of blade tracking tape...a small colored strip of tape along one of the blades from the leading edge back....when you look at it from the side at eye level while flying...you can tell if one blade is tracking higher or lower than the other....usually you adjust the other blade to match the blade with the tracking mark....
[/quote]

Ha, I am an idiot. Even though it clearly says use a sharpie to track, when I read it I was thinking use a sharpie to balance because I use tape to balance. That makes a lot more sense, thanks.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Zimatosa

ORIGINAL: court461

Ha, I am an idiot. Even though it clearly says use a sharpie to track, when I read it I was thinking use a sharpie to balance because I use tape to balance. That makes a lot more sense, thanks.
Using tape for balancing is great but there is no reason for tape on both blades unless he is "finding CG" for each separate blade, then balancing, then tracking. With the amount of tape on both blades, it looked more like he was marking the yardage of a football field...I highly recommend watching Finless's video on balancing and tracking. I made some homemade woodies(pictures posted on different thread)and used his method...My hand planed, hand sanded blades were balanced to perfection on the first flight. Bob Finless is the mack daddy!

Z
Old 05-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Fly To Chill
My Feedback: (20)

so what is a good upgread motor for my hbk2 somthing that makes as much power as the 3800 esky motor but better.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Zimatosa

ORIGINAL: kenhiraihnl

two things to watch for...(1) thrust bearing races: large hole inboard, small hole outboard, ball carrier installed to 'catch the grease'... and (2) step-washer: step against the inner race of radial bearing...ken
I am kinda like Rainman....Smart but real dumb! I will have to consult to (heavens oh no!!) the manual to know exactly what you are talking about. I know parts by names like: shiney flat thing with a dong, squishey round thing that goes on first, this stack goes on after that stack...Hehehe I am serious though![&:]

I really would not expect you to explain it any better than you did. It's my demon! I will tame it or kill it...

Z
Old 05-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Zimatosa

Off the subject......So, I am ready to drink some morning Joe. The kids finished the milk, my girl finished the emergency powdered cream in the silo sized round drum(coffee mate)...I get smart and think that if I pour the coffee into the drum, I will at least get some cream in my coffee. So I do....Shake a little bit to maximize dispersion and BOOOOMM! lid blows off like an M80 went off inside the drum, I have coffee on my clothes, face....and oh look, It's all over the ceiling!! I had to go reassure my dogs(whimpy but cute Chihuahua's) that ran out of the house via a doggie door, that i wasn't going to hurt them.....

Good morning!

Z
Old 05-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Bones27

Fly to Chill, check with Castlerock Hobbies. They sell a Danlion motor that is supposed to be the best bang for the buck or so I have been told.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:57 PM
reel109

Hi everyone,

What does the group think. I am still using the stock E-Sky battery charger. Am I damaging my batteries using it? I intend to buy a better charger but not in the budget quite yet.

Jim
Old 05-21-2008, 05:27 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: reel109

Hi everyone,

What does the group think. I am still using the stock E-Sky battery charger. Am I damaging my batteries using it? I intend to buy a better charger but not in the budget quite yet.

Jim
I've used the Walkera G3(?), some other brand, and the E-Sky.....the E-Sky seems to do the better job (IMO).
Old 05-21-2008, 05:43 PM
bigricksharpe

Hey this is that ol crazy Vet guy Rick again, hope alls well, for this guy not so hot just set a letter to Channel 5TV helpline, asking why jive outfits like Health Partners can cut someone off who not only a low paid public servant, non Officer just lowly f......streetworker can be cut off for missing one pmt. of 70 bucks while on winter layoff, usta be once called back they would just take the cash from payroll, sad thing thing is my wife is a cancer survivor, and diabetic, I am thank God OK, sadly have been a client of this sorry a...outfit many years, if I were an imigrant,or on welfare I could get all the help I need, what the F... is up with America!
Hey I am trying to upgrade my HBK to some extent, if there is anyone who might be able to donate some extra parts, I would appreciate it cause now my dream seems to get further & further away with each paycheck! n Yeah, I'm an ex Trucker too! wish lists: CNC rotor head, better blades, or even an this may be pushin the askin thing a bit but what the heck: a real gas Chopper, what ever I am able to do I'm nameing it the RC Universe Chopper 1. 1 in honor of the the hard core Big Red One, RCUC in homage to you guy's who have helped this thing happen! WE need a TV show like Jesse James did with Custom Choppers, I think this Heli thing is a big deal, much more than I did before finding a link one day, after so many years, I finally got one too! "So now todays a good day!"[sm=punching.gif] [email protected]
Old 05-21-2008, 05:45 PM
bigricksharpe

My Msg. was'nt a reply just a General rant! and then followed by a plea lol
Old 05-21-2008, 05:56 PM
betapilot

Hey Jim, I still use the esky chargers (ten of them) and haven't experienced any negative effects on any of my batteries. The big drawback is when you go to charge the larger batteries it will take forever and a day but I do not believe they will damage a battery.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:14 PM
reel109

That's good to know Rusty. Batteries are expensive and I want to treat them the best I can. I just installed a Castle Creations 35 BEC that has a low battery detector. I set it for 9 volts. Hope that is ok.
Jim
Old 05-21-2008, 07:47 PM
betapilot

I personally run mine a little higher for protection, 9 is the lowest they recommend on most batteries. I never fly real big batteries so I set my flight times at 5 minutes no matter how they are flying. I run 10 esky charger on a board and can charge 10 batteries in a little over an hour depending on the battery and at 5 minutes per, it gives me almost an hour of flight time every time I go out. I am mostly running the esky stockers and 1250's and from time to time run the outrage 1800's which are really heavy but have serious power. Other than a few megapuffers, I have not replaced a battery for any reasons other than crashing. I have about 60 bucks in the chargers, granted I cannot monitor a bunch of data but it makes up for it in volume of batteries per hour charged, lol.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:57 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: betapilot

I personally run mine a little higher for protection, 9 is the lowest they recommend on most batteries. I never fly real big batteries so I set my flight times at 5 minutes no matter how they are flying. I run 10 esky charger on a board and can charge 10 batteries in a little over an hour depending on the battery and at 5 minutes per, it gives me almost an hour of flight time every time I go out. I am mostly running the esky stockers and 1250's and from time to time run the outrage 1800's which are really heavy but have serious power. Other than a few megapuffers, I have not replaced a battery for any reasons other than crashing. I have about 60 bucks in the chargers, granted I cannot monitor a bunch of data but it makes up for it in volume of batteries per hour charged, lol.

Agreed.....a bunch of E-Sky chargers in a row, it's a good thing especially since I have 5 2200mAh 25C's, they take a while.

Anyone got the scoop on the E-Sky 8G servos? I heard they will be discontinued and a crappy 7.5 to replace. These 8G's hold up fairly well (compared to S-75's or HS-55's) and at $7.00 ea...they're great. If they are discontinued....I'll have to find one the same price, and quality as the E-Sky 8G's...I love 'em (use 'em in foamie planks, any heli up to a 450...they're great).
Old 05-21-2008, 08:47 PM
USHobbySupply

I have heard that they are coming out with digital servo's, EK2-0502 (i think). Just got a whole shipment of the EK2-0500's, so I think they are either still making them also, or have alot in inventory.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:59 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: USHobbySupply

I have heard that they are coming out with digital servo's, EK2-0502 (i think). Just got a whole shipment of the EK2-0500's, so I think they are either still making them also, or have alot in inventory.
Thanks Michael.

Not really interested in digital for my lame butt style of flying and the 8G's "just work good" for many purposes. In my heli career, I've stripped or burned a total of about 20 S-75's/HS-55's (in the first 18 months)...most were the S-75's. Since using the E-sky 8G's, I've stripped or burned maybe 4...and those were severe crashes....understandable.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 PM
betapilot

The 0508's are already out, here are the specs. I have not tried them yet, they look quick but weak but hopefully esky did not pull another brushed motor and they will turn out okay, lol. Hey, at least they will still be cheap.

(1).Standard Voltage: DC 5V±1V
(2).PWM Input Range: Pulse Cycle 20±1ms,Positive Pulse 1~2ms
(3).Speed:0.1S/60º
(4).Torque:≥1.0Kg/cm (VCC=5V)
(5).MAX Corner:150º
(6).Operation Temperature: -20℃~75℃
(7).Weight:7.5g
(8).Dimensions:22.8*11.5*20.8mm
Old 05-21-2008, 10:26 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: betapilot

The 0508's are already out, here are the specs. I have not tried them yet, they look quick but weak but hopefully esky did not pull another brushed motor and they will turn out okay, lol. Hey, at least they will still be cheap.

(1).Standard Voltage: DC 5V±1V
(2).PWM Input Range: Pulse Cycle 20±1ms,Positive Pulse 1~2ms
(3).Speed:0.1S/60º
(4).Torque:≥1.0Kg/cm (VCC=5V)
(5).MAX Corner:150º
(6).Operation Temperature: -20℃~75℃
(7).Weight:7.5g
(8).Dimensions:22.8*11.5*20.8mm
Well...the 8G's work and they're cheap. I can't really say that being faster will improve anything for me. Cheap and bad is as bad as expensive and bad (S-75's for $14 per). HS-55's aren't great/or cheap, but they're better than the S-75's by a mile. I'm thinking their new digital servos are gonna be glorified S-75's...junk.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:39 PM
osterizer

ORIGINAL: crashcrash
Well...the 8G's work and they're cheap. I can't really say that being faster will improve anything for me. Cheap and bad is as bad as expensive and bad (S-75's for $14 per). HS-55's aren't great/or cheap, but they're better than the S-75's by a mile. I'm thinking their new digital servos are gonna be glorified S-75's...junk.
HS-55s are very good general servos for the King. Cheap, reliable, and if you're not trying to nail a perfect stationary flip they're plenty fast enough. I recall they fit pretty close to perfectly, too.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:06 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: osterizer

ORIGINAL: crashcrash
HS-55s are very good general servos for the King. Cheap, reliable, and if you're not trying to nail a perfect stationary flip they're plenty fast enough. I recall they fit pretty close to perfectly, too.

I agree...HS-55's arent terrible, but they're twice the price of the E-Sky 8G's...that's the prob I have with them because really, they're not any better than the 8G's and cost twice as much. I've been ordering 8G's x 4's when I order because I use them in foamie planks and they're great (8G's), but a plane crash really tears them up (LOL).
Old 05-21-2008, 11:15 PM
kenhiraihnl

i have a fut 9chps xmtr...the features, including swash afr settings will overcome most setup problems...however, for those using the stock xmtr, this helifreak thread should be considered if you're thinking about hs-55 in hbk2...ken

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=70810
Old 05-21-2008, 11:29 PM
osterizer

Yes, I suppose I should qualify that- if you're thinking upgrade/different servos and you're still on the stock transmitter, a new tx would be a better buy first. I flew my King for quite a while (until the stock receiver died) on my 9CAP/S and it was a lot better upgrade than servos.

Dunno, crash- I've heard war stories about the 55s stripping out, but I haven't managed to do it yet myself. I've only had a few good crashes with foamies that had 55s (in my case, that's all of them ), and I still haven't taken one apart. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:35 AM
jeremycann08

Get rid of that tape on the main blades for sure....I also use a Sharpie on one side for tracking, I had tape on the blades once and my tracking always seemed off....

You need to reroute your antenna so that it is not wrapped around your landing skids. This is a no-no and can cause unwanted glitching. Make sure that you send the antenna str8 to the tube, through it and then wrap the extra on the end of the tube, spiraling it toward the front of the heli. You can use a small piece of electrical tape to hold the spiraled wire from coming off...

Take that zip tie off of your Gyro and use double sided tape only.

Do the fix that was just explained [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7509291/tm.htm]HERE![/link]. It is a mod to your ball linkage on your tail rotor. This fix will give you more right rudder authority....

Good luck,

Z
you do know i own a hbk 2, the tail set up is completely different! this does not help one bit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.