Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 02:37 PM
makaluch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honeybee King v2 tuner shop

ORIGINAL: shizack

I gotcha. Had as similar issue, but fixed it early on. Take the links off the slider and make sure not to lose those little screws. Ream out the screw holes just a tiny bit - I used the smallest Dremel drill bit - and reattach the links. You can still get them as tight as you need them to be, but now the links can "pivot" in the larger holes. This should minimize or eliminate the binding that occurs when the blade grip ball moves through the top of its arc of travel.

Haven't had a single tail issue on the King since I did this, even with the stock gyro and servo.
I was "inspired" by the pivoting mechanism of the Trex slider.
That's a sweet tip! I'll do this while I'm adding a BL setup and such. Also, crimsonrain, that's some heavy information right there! Wondering if they'll work with a DX6i as well. Grabbin a Blade 400 and wanna use the DX in the HBK2 eventually. BTW...first crash and the Blade sits. I already know the HBK2 is a better flyer [:-]
Old 01-02-2008, 02:44 PM
crimsonrain22

makaluch, The Menu's may be different but the setup should be the same, Used just about the same setup on my friends trex 450 on a dx7. I fine tuned it some like making the normal mode pitch setting linear starting at -1 pitch to make it less jumpy. I was going to get the dx6i but wife got me a dx7 for xmas and im still bragging on her for it . I never really believed all the hype about how much a good radio will help until I got one it really is night and day the way it flys now. And now I can only blame myself when I lose to gravity. Only glitches I get are in my thumbs.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:13 PM
lohchief

YeeeHawww,I just got some blades (3 sets) in today.Now when my balancing doodadd gets here,I can have some more fun.I love it when I have a stock of pieces/parts.
-lohchief
Old 01-02-2008, 06:02 PM
makaluch

hehehe...doodadd. I need one of those doodadds too!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:17 PM
lohchief

ORIGINAL: makaluch

I just love tech speak ;}>
-trash
Old 01-02-2008, 06:40 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: lohchief

ORIGINAL: makaluch

I just love tech speak ;}>
-trash

I weigh my blades on a re-loading powder scale...very accurate. Just add tape to the light blade....fixes it right up....doodadds...LOL.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:13 PM
GTX SlotCar

I had one of those thing-a-ma-bobs. Or was it a thing-a-ma-jig ? Can't remember. Always get them confused.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:49 PM
crimsonrain22

Hey when you find your thing-a-ma-bobs maybe you can tell me how to work this doog-a-ma-hicky
Old 01-02-2008, 07:52 PM
makaluch

I also have a few whatcha-ma-dingys. My wife has a ton of, uhh...thingys...and they're right over there!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Druss

bah, you guys sound like a bunch of women at the mechanics shop trying to explain why her car won't start.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:32 PM
osterizer

ORIGINAL: Druss

bah, you guys sound like a bunch of women at the mechanics shop trying to explain why her car won't start.
Oh, that's easy-- it's the sensor.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:03 AM
GTX SlotCar

My wife always asks me why my stuff is "stuff", but her stuff is "junk". I tell her, "I don't know, I don't buy your junk."
Old 01-03-2008, 12:22 AM
blk822

I had a site that showed how to balance the blades.First to fid center of each blade and match, then balancing the blades to each other. here it is
http://www.trextuning.com/bladebalancing.php
O' and I forgot you need a watchamacallit and a thingamajigger for it to really work.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:06 AM
makaluch

Anyone have instructions on how to program the Esky 25A ESC with the Esky 3900kv outrunner? Just upgraded and want to make sure I understood those sketchy directions.

-Yeah...I need a bigger house so I can put more of my stuff in it. My stuff gets used and my junk goes on FleaBay...her junk just sits there and makes friends.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:02 AM
WildandFree

Hi there guys! Lots of good info. i'm all new in this bussines, i got my bird HBK2 of eBay. Never had a chanse to fly it yet.
No meter what i tried i can't get the motor to work. When i turn my transmitter on , set the troutle & trimer to lowest seting then conect the batt. on the heli
the gyro red light bliks and then turns on stady but wont turn green. Any one please help []
Old 01-03-2008, 03:37 AM
oly_rcer

the light dosent turn green it just stays a steady red when its ready.if your motor is not spooling up first make sure the throttle kill switch is not on its the one on the top right of the radio should be pushed towards the rear. other than that check all connections .
i know i left my thingymajig somewhere i'll have to find my kaboodle to search for the lost thingy fixer
Old 01-03-2008, 12:25 PM
jeremyswade

Hey guys got a question for ya. Just got my HBK2 in yesterday and charged the battery for the first time last night. The charge took almost 3 hours for the first charge. Is this unusal for the 1st charge and what kind of charge time should i expect for further charges. Other than charges the bird flys great. Very impresseive machine for the price.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 01-03-2008, 12:54 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: jeremyswade

Hey guys got a question for ya. Just got my HBK2 in yesterday and charged the battery for the first time last night. The charge took almost 3 hours for the first charge. Is this unusal for the 1st charge and what kind of charge time should i expect for further charges. Other than charges the bird flys great. Very impresseive machine for the price.

Thanks,
Jeremy
If it's the stock 1000mAh, 3 hours is ecessive. Run it down and charge it up a few times and it should settle out to be 1 hour and 45 min charge time or so (give or take).
Old 01-03-2008, 01:45 PM
jeremyswade

Hey thanks Crashcrash. I thought 3 hours was a little much my self. Working on the second charge right now. So we'll see how it goes. Also another question. When I plugged the batterie this morning and flew for a few min then sat the bird down to do some trim work. When I plugged It back up and let the gyro sync I had no thotte at all. The CCPM worked but no motor. I hand spun the blades while giving it throttle and it started working fine. Anthing I'm doing wrong here or something defective in the heli?
Old 01-03-2008, 02:38 PM
crimsonrain22

jeremyswade, If you still using the stock motor that is the first signs of its death, Time to go brushless.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:57 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: crimsonrain22

jeremyswade, If you still using the stock motor that is the first signs of its death, Time to go brushless.

Agreed...DO NOT get another stock motor...go brushless. JAG Hobbies has a 3100kv/25a ESC combo for $40....best money you could spend. Order the 10T pinion for the motor 2.3mm shaft. Can easily be pressed on in a vise.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:05 PM
jeremyswade

Yeah just got it yesterday so i'm still really learning. I plan on going brushless very soon but fiquered i'd get the most out of the stock motor as possible. Also fiquered out the motor problem but thanks anyway's guys.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:20 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: jeremyswade

Yeah just got it yesterday so i'm still really learning. I plan on going brushless very soon but fiquered i'd get the most out of the stock motor as possible. Also fiquered out the motor problem but thanks anyway's guys.
It's not a question of if the stock motor dies, just when. Waiting for a motor for 2-5 days is pointless when you know you need brushless now. Average stock motor lifetime is less than one flight up to MAYBE 15 or 30 flights (some people have had luck with the stock motor...most have not).
Old 01-03-2008, 03:38 PM
mustangjem69

I have not set up a JR radio yet, But I am having a heck of a time setting the EK2-0704A HH gyro up on a DX7. I have worked with the Futaba 12Z, 9C, Optec 6, and DX6. I have built 5 HBK2's for people at the LHS. The one I am working on now fly’s well except the tail just won’t hold in HH mode. It just seems lazy. When I flipped back into normal, it wanted to Pirouette. I am using a Hitec 65 on the tail. If anyone has any suggestions or links on how to set up the Gyro on a DX7, it would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I would not recommend using the E-Flight 400 Speed inrunner motor. I snapped a shaft in flight doing forward rolling flips on my HBK2. When it came out, it seemed to have no power to pull up as it headed for the ground. I was able to get it level before it hit the ground at a 20 deg angle, but still lost a CF Blade, Feathering shaft, canopy, and landing gear. The main gear is still in mint condition. Usually the main gear gets roached if the motor is still running and in contact with the main gear. The main shaft still looks good, but I cannot tell until I get a new motor and fire it up. I expect it will be bad also.

ORIGINAL: krossk

Does anybody have any experience setting up a King 2 with a JR XP8103 radio? The closest info I can find is for the DX-6/7. It seems like this is close enough to at least be in the parking lot of the ball park, but if anyone has actual settings from the 8103, I'd be most appreciative for the info.
Thanks all and "Heli New Year!"
Old 01-03-2008, 03:53 PM
rcmiket

http://rchelicoptertown.com/forum/sh...?t=1170&page=3

Page 3 hope this helps.
Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.