Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

crashed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 06:52 PM
!v@n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crashed!!!

So I got my cp2 in the mail and after practicing on the FMS i decided to take it out. I crashed and broke off the skids, a main blade, and some other little pieces. Oh well time to rebuild it. this is harder than I thought. I think I might upgrade to better parts on the things I broke. The heli looked pretty cool for the 10 seconds it flew before hitting the ground. cant wait to rebuild it and get better at flying. can anyone recommend where to get parts for good prices??
Old 08-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Matt_M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: crashed!!!

Here is a site with spare parts for your heli: http://www.jaghobbies.com/rc_planes/honey_bee_cp2.htm

I believe a simulator will get you oriented with the controls, but your setup will ultimately fly different than in the simulator. Also, a perfect setup will require little stick input to remain stable.

A good way to start is not to get the heli off the ground more than an inch or two. Start on a smooth large cement patch, not on grass. Grass will catch and snag your tail blades etc. Some people believe grass will be easier on blades, but they are probably breaking no matter what when you crash.

I started by sliding the helicopter around quite a bit (almost hovering) with training gear until I knew how sensitive the controls were. I kept getting just high enough so the gear is almost touching and trying to hold the lowest hover possible. Everytime the heli starts to wander away cut the throttle and start over.

I think a lot of people want to see it fly and take it to the air too quickly and crash. Patience is the key.