Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Flybar is out, what do I do?

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

Flybar is out, what do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 11:10 AM
pmdevlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flybar is out, what do I do?

If you havev read my recent posts about "save the HBK2 from the dustbin" you will know I have been struggling to sort the tail out. That seems to be ok now, just needs fine tuning. Whilst inspecting the heli, I noticed that the flybar paddles do not match each other, they are at different angles to each other
I do not have a pitch guage, so how do I set the flybar paddles, and the pitch on the main blades, I think that is out also. If I have the left tx knob at 12.0, 9t pinion, 3800 outrunner, I dont have much headspeed, 3/4 stick to hover at 6 feet, and not much acceleration left, so was thinking the pitch is out.
Belt etc set, as per other posts, just seems to lack power, and I have tried different batteries. I would have thought the 3800 had a bit more "zip" and I would have had to be running less tx left knob to be same performance as stock motor.

Any help would be appreciated,

Paul
Old 12-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Gittle

Default RE: Flybar is out, what do I do?

Good Morning Paul;
The Flybar is easy just use your eyes and view across the paddles (eye level) from one end of the flybar to the other with the flybar level. Looking from the side you can see if the is any angle in the paddles you want them to be flat (no angle) on both. Just look at them and if they are off just give them a little twist in the direction you need to make them equal.

Ok the pitch thing may be one of your knobs maybe the hover pitch knob. I don't know if it is on the left or right. I don't have the stock transmitter but, I do believe the pitch knob shifts the pitch curve up and down through the throttle spectrum. If this is the case then turn it down a little and see if it helps. Sounds like you have too much pitch at hover and (full stick). Now if you turn it down and don't get much response then try turning up the throttle knob just a bit to give it a little more head speed from the motor (the other knob).

Have you changed the length of the push rods from the swash plate to the flybar control frame? If so your pitch settings may be off. If not the knobs should correct any problem. Give this a try and see what goes. Gittle[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 12-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Druss

suggest that you get a pitch gauge, this is an essential tool to have. as to the flybar, you can usually set that visually, just sight down the rod to the center hub and align the paddle with the top button.

The knobs will move the throttle curve (actually a straight line) up or down and since you can't change the individual points you just shift the entire line. For the pitch curve what happens is the top and bottom points are fixed so when the knob is at 12 oclock the curve is a straight line, when you turn the knob the middle point of the curve moves up or down so you end up with a curve.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
srouthouse

your pitch is dang close to perfect, you should not lift off till about 60%.

remember your head speed is way up there and at 60%-100% stick your pitch will change more then the rpm of the head.