Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

king 2 upgraded head//one piece/help

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

king 2 upgraded head//one piece/help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 11:37 PM
jaketrouble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default king 2 upgraded head//one piece/help

hey all,, '

i think i saw one somewhere before but i cant find it now.. does anyone know where to get the complete head set for the hbk2 already put together?

i heard the copterx one would work but takes some mods. thats what i am trying to avoid.. so if anyone knows can you please post the link... thx,,,jake
Old 02-22-2008, 11:53 PM
blk822

Default RE: king 2 upgraded head//one piece/help

You can use the copter X without mods if you change the swash to a Esky one or compatible one with the anti rotation pin in the back.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Druss

I'm not sure about already put together... I don't think you can find them pre-assembled, at least I've never seen one.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:15 AM
ballwall

i was reading in the threads a trex 450 head work great
Old 02-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Gittle

All the Trex heads have the pin in the front. I am like Druss I have never seen one put together. That is the Esky head. I have an HDX400 head that looks really good. Its is a Trex style with the pin in the front. It is a superb head made by Microheli.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:14 AM
jaketrouble

thx for the inputs.. i couldnt find one either.. so a trex head would work??? arent they a bigger head? thx, jake
Old 02-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Druss

remember that the cnc head for the belt cp and king 2 are the same. the easiest way to do it would be to get a trex 450 (or compatible) head and replace that swash with the esky one.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:25 PM
crimsonrain22

http://jaghobbies.com/rc_planes/ek1h-e016a_cart.htm

Jag hobbies has one complete with carbon blades. Not cheap at 160.00 but it is a complete king 2 head.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:23 PM
ballwall

on page 126 in the king 2 tuner shop somebody posted a pic
Old 02-24-2008, 08:00 PM
pilot error

Here is where i got my partially built cnc head, you just slide each part on the shaft!
[link=http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110219102357&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001]cwto e-bay[/link]
Old 02-24-2008, 08:25 PM
kd5boc

I agree with the CopterX head ([link=http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=4693]$60[/link]) + Esky metal swash ([link=http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=86_181&products_id=5069]$21.60[/link]). The ESKY full CNC head is WAY to expensive on it's own.

Buying them both at the links above, you get them shipped at the same time, for less than half of what the Esky CNC head set costs.

No head set comes fully assembled anyway, so this lets you use the New Head with the Esky swash, and you won't have to make a new anti-rotation bracket.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:20 AM
NoX_sp

Hi,

I also bought that head, but, IMHO it's just a piece of garbage, It's not the original esky one, It's made of a very soft aluminum alloy that bends easily and does not allow to tighten the screws. I would not recommend to anyone to buy this head, instead, save your money for buying original pieces (or the microheli ones).
Old 02-25-2008, 11:05 AM
blk822

Your crazy that head is great. I have crashed mine a few times with that head and havn't bent anything and all the screws are tight. And with some loctitie you don't need to tighten the screws so thight. And that Copter X 450 head comes completeley assembled. But Like I have said befor the links are in need of sizing when you get it. That head is very smooth and strong, I run fiber glass blades and they have hit the ground and the head has suffered no damage. And Arrownaughtic and Oly_racer can back me up they have both seen the head on my heli and how nice it is and will tell you it isn't junk or made poorly.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:16 AM
NoX_sp

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I was replying strider35, about the fake esky cnc head, not the Copter X one
Old 02-25-2008, 11:35 AM
sunbuzz

I think I am going to test this head!
While browsing around on their site, I noticed however that there is a version 2 ([link=http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=173_195&products_id=5445]v2 head[/link]) of that head aswell, also $60.

Would this also work on a Belt, with the Esky swash?
Old 02-25-2008, 12:22 PM
blk822

The version 2 is the one I have.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:43 PM
pilot error

Hey Nox,
Well I guess it's like all other heli parts, some are great some are garbage, I must have got lucky cause that v2 head from "cwto", works perfect for my king 2..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57687.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	888457  
Old 02-25-2008, 03:49 PM
pilot error

And Sunbuzz, wow thats some price drop for that copter x cnc head, well worth testing lol.. do let us know how you get on, I'd like one just because it's blue!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:24 PM
blk822

strider35
If you need a head it's worth every penny. I have had nothing but good luck with mine. I even crashed once and bent the main shaft and the feathering shaft wa fine and the head didn't get any damage. But it did strip out the servos on the swash. Im pretty good at rebuilding servos now , even set the horns at 90derees.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97999.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	888493  
Old 02-25-2008, 04:42 PM
pilot error

Hey blk,
Yeah that does indeed look good dude, much more manly than the "pinkish" cnc head i have lol
Hey is that the blade 400 main gear ya got on there? any good for the king 2?
Old 02-25-2008, 05:01 PM
NoX_sp

First of all, sorry for my poor English, I have some expressions in my head (in Spanish) that I don't know how to translate to English [], so forgive me if something isn't well explained.

When I was assembling my CNC (cwto) head, I break no one, but two screws threads without making any effort (I was very careful), besides, the screws provided to lock the "flybar control" inside the "central holder" were too long, to the point that they interfered with the flybar, I searched for a replacement in my toolbox and can't find anything that fitted, so I give up and I bought a new original head (I'm still waiting for it)

strider35, just pay attention to the linkage balls, as they are not chromed they may be eroded sooner than the original ones.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:21 PM
sunbuzz

ORIGINAL: strider35

And Sunbuzz, wow thats some price drop for that copter x cnc head, well worth testing lol.. do let us know how you get on, I'd like one just because it's blue!
Well, I did go ahead and order one today. I'll report back when it gets here!

// Sun
Old 03-11-2008, 01:21 AM
funflier

I saw your post that you have the version 2 of the copterx head. What is the diff between the V1 and the V2. Was this a direct bolt on replacement as far as fit and linkage on the HB2 mainshaft? I already have a metal Esky swashplate installed, so I would only need the head alone (or it looks that way).
I just received a cwto head that I havn't installed yet and noticed that it is NOT a real Esky part, and appears a poor copy
Figure when I need to replace the cwto head I would rather get something I can obtain parts for.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:25 PM
kd5boc

ORIGINAL: funflier

I saw your post that you have the version 2 of the copterx head. What is the diff between the V1 and the V2. Was this a direct bolt on replacement as far as fit and linkage on the HB2 mainshaft? I already have a metal Esky swashplate installed, so I would only need the head alone (or it looks that way).
I just received a cwto head that I havn't installed yet and noticed that it is NOT a real Esky part, and appears a poor copy
Figure when I need to replace the cwto head I would rather get something I can obtain parts for.
The V2 of eth CopterX head has bearings in the washout bar vs bushings. Supposedly, after a bit the V1 bushings would wear a bit too much and bind up.

And as far a fit, the CopterX one does fit perfectly, you just have to adjust the CRAP out of it to make it work like it's supposed to. Use the Finless videos to do your initial set up, then adjust the end points to make sure nothing tops out or bottoms out on the shaft collar.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:58 AM
funflier

Darn, I'm still using my stock Esky tranmitter. No endpoint ajustment there. Just waiting for a 6dxi to come up on ebay at a reasonable price.
Still trying to get the the pitch range down to something reasonable (have a 14deg pitch range) 3 at midstick, 7 at closed stick and 7 at full stick.