Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:08 PM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

My Belt CP V2 took a nose dive into the ground last weekend, pushing in the from of the lipo a bit. But still holds a great charge and I haven't seen anything crazy happen to it yet. Try charging it a bit and see what happens.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Disney1

Did the battery pack dent in where it hit the ground?
If you can post a picture of the damage on the pack we can help you better.
A Li-Po is thin layers so if it is dented this will short the layers together and can cause the fire we all fear.
However if it is not dented then it should be safe. I would charge it OUTSIDE.
Even if it is dented in a small amount it may still be fine to use.

Here is a link for the stock 1800mah 15c battery: https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=405

Here for the 1800mah 20c battery: https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=634

And for the 2100mah 20c battery: https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=639

By the way the prices at US Hobby Supply are in most cases the same or lower than Heli Direct.
Excellent customer service and very fast shipping too. It is the only place I shop.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:49 PM
joeyhatch11

If time is not an issue then get these. They are awsome. I have 4 now and will never buy anything else. I also bought another 2 this morning and I plan on getting even more with my next check. I'm trying to get around10-12 of these. Right now they last about 11 minutes of some pretty good all around flying, nothing 3D. Can't beat the price and they hold up super nice. I've put at least 10 cycles on each and have seen no signs in performance dropping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-Lipo-battery-...lenotsupported
Old 07-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Blitzer Fan

well when i checked it it didnt appear dented at all.....i will try and take a picture tomorrow and show you all...might buy spare packs though..cant go wrong with more flight time...
thanks for the quick replys....i really think this is the best buy i have ever made....and i went from a simple 2 ch to this lol...i spent weeks on FMS...seems to have paid off kinda..nothing like flying the real thing though

one more thing..how did you all attach your pattery strap..(to stop future accidents) i cant figure it out..

thanks again
Emile
Old 07-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Disney1

The battery strap is supposd to wrap around the battery from the front over the top of the battery then down trough the back and under the frame.
Personally I use a heavy rubber band and strap it around the front.

Using a rubber band will allow you to better balance the heli by shifting the battery forward then marking the side of the battery this way it will always be in teh same position.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:36 PM
joeyhatch11

yeah I've used both the rubber band and the strap and perfer the rubber band as well. It's just eaiser and holds the battery in place better if you ask me.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Blitzer Fan

well the battery is fine..but i never learn...took it out on a REAL windy day...got cocky..as i landed..gust of wind fliped me over =/...
bent feathering shaft
dent in the tail boom
teeth missing from main gear
think the main shaft might be bent aswell(not alot though)

so heres a new question, but 1st i know what some of you are going to say "dont buy cnc parts stick with plastic its cheaper"
thing is..for me its not really...its like 2 or 3 pounds more expensive..

so heres the question.
i read that alot of guys are using the CopterX head so i found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CopterX-450-Main-Head-Tail-Upgrade-Trex-450XL-SE-V2_W0QQitemZ300329936105QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toys Games_RadioControlled_JN?hash=item45ed0f24e9&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|293%3A1|294%3A30#ebayphotohosting

is this the right head they are talking about?..will the tail assembly also fit?

and the blades people also seem to use the Align 335mm blades yes?..(apparently stock E sky blades doesnt fit the copter head)

Thanks in advance from a complete idiot
Old 07-13-2009, 03:01 PM
joeyhatch11

That looks to be it. Fits any 450 heli.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:14 AM
mheiger

Hey I was wondering how the belt cp v2 would be as a step up from a fp heli. I can get it to do pretty much everything it can do without crashing (up down left right and turns and circuts and am lookin for an upgrade. Its a novus fp so its small but I am good at it! Thanks for the input
Old 07-14-2009, 09:15 AM
mheiger

Hey I was wondering how the belt cp v2 would be as a step up from a fp heli. I can get it to do pretty much everything it can do without crashing (up down left right and turns and circuts and am lookin for an upgrade. Its a novus fp so its small but I am good at it! Thanks for the input
Old 07-14-2009, 11:38 AM
joeyhatch11

I found the Esky belt cp v2 to be eaiser to fly than my old FP heli. I love my belt cp v2 but I did have to upgrade it once I progressed. One thing you'll have to do from the start is upgrade the tail assembly. I went with the HDX tail and it's beyond awsome. Good luck and if you have any question, just ask. Joe
Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 PM
4wd13

just bought my first heli today, i ordered the belt from xheli, been into cars for years, an wanted to give helis a try.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:23 AM
Blitzer Fan

dont fly when its windy..lol ...otherwise your gonna be like me waiting for spares to arrive
Old 07-15-2009, 05:39 AM
joeyhatch11

Hey 4wd13, Did you get the standard Belt or the Belt CP V2? Only thing I can tell you, which is what I was told time and time again is, read the forums, post any and all questions you may have about your new heli and get to know her very well. You number one thing to do is set her up right. The better she's set-up, the more stable she'll be when you fly and the eaiser it'll be for you to learn. Do not get mad when you crash and break things, it's going to happen. Within the first month of having mine I think I spent over $250 in both upgrades and spare parts. Parts that I've found to make this heli fly ALOT better are CNC Head/Tail. The tail was my first upgrade and after installing it the difference was like day and night. I loved it after that and HAD to upgrade the Head to the CNC one. The stock servos are "ok" but I upgraded the cyclic servo's (the 3 in the frame) to the TowerPro 9g's. Only $6.50 each from Ushobbysupply.com and alos got a new ESC because mine burnt up within the first 3 minutes of hovering.

Parts to have on hand at all times are: Feather shafts, Fly-bars, Blades, Tail-booms, and Main gears. One thing I love about the new CNC head is the fact that the fly-bar is dropped below the Main blades and because of that when I crash it doesn't bend the fly-bar. As a matter of fact, I've had this new head on it for about a month now and also had around 7-8 crashes and still haven't bent the stock fly-bar that came with the head. Helis are a ton of fun and once you get to the point where you can do 360's, full circles and figure 8's, you'll be hooked and wanting to learn 3D. hahaha Good luck, Joe
Old 07-15-2009, 09:16 AM
4wd13

thanks joe. it should be arriving on friday according to ups. it is the stock version. as for the training gear, what should i use?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:56 AM
joeyhatch11

I found it harder with the training gear on. With it off, just keep it low. You'll be fine.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Blitzer Fan

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

I found it harder with the training gear on. With it off, just keep it low. You'll be fine.
it does get in the way sometimes...but like where i fly its a bit un even..so for now ill keep it on untill i go and fly at a proper field...
Old 07-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Thisstrangeengine

Hey Niteliter? Whick of the 3 Helis in your post do you like the best? I can't decide on the Heli-Max or the ESKY Belt CP V2
I like the Heli-Max because of the Futaba Radio. I have other Futaba stuff.

On the other hand I REALLY Like the ESKY! Looks awesome...
Old 07-16-2009, 03:46 PM
joeyhatch11

I would base it off of which heli offers cheaper replacement parts/upgrades.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:53 AM
nuttcaze

I've got some good info and vids about the Belt CP V2 here - http://www.myrcguides.com/BeltCPV2.html

I update my site daily as its a work in progress
Old 07-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Blitzer Fan

ORIGINAL: nuttcaze

I've got some good info and vids about the Belt CP V2 here - http://www.myrcguides.com/BeltCPV2.html

I update my site daily as its a work in progress
wow great vids! ...i watched them...wish you woulda posted this before i did some things on mine xD..

thanks though good tips there
Old 07-17-2009, 01:26 PM
francolupo

Hi again,
I have a question regarding the assembly of the CNC head from esky. In contrast to the plastic head, the cnc head is fixed to the main shaft by a little pin and a grub screw. When attaching my head to it, it wobbles significantly and I can't tighten it by tightening the screw because i can't counter it like you can with the plastic head where there is no pin but a screw which goes all the way through the shaft (Sorry for that confusing explanation but I think the guys who own this CNC head know what I am talking about). Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thank you so much, this forum is great! Nutcaze, thanks for your site, lots of good info for the beginner there!
Old 07-17-2009, 05:27 PM
joeyhatch11

For those of you that are running a HDX head with the 5mm shaft your going to love this. I couldn't find the main shafts to save my life. Every where I looked they were out of stock. Then I thought, Ebay, sure enough a guy from Cali was selling some. On any web site your going to spend $3 for one of maybe $5 for two. I though, because the price on Ebay was only $3, I was going to get (1) shaft. So I ordered 3, they come today and the package was super heavy for what it's supposed to be. After opening I find that I got (3) 3packs, 9 MAIN SHAFTS HAHAHAHA. $1 a piece, I think they screwed up on there end. But I win!!!

Here's a link for those who may be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SX450-S04-HDX450...3286.m20.l1116

Even the site says: 1 x 5mm Main Shaft
1 x Main Shaft Colar with 2 screws
Old 07-17-2009, 07:32 PM
4wd13

decided today was a good day to take my belt for the first time. and i had no idea what i was doing... well needless to say... broke a few parts... feathering shaft and main gear. xheli had the gear in stock, anyone know off the top of there head who has the feathering shaft in stock. i did strighten the feathering shaft up, but id like to get a few spares anyway.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Murdoc

Hey Guys! I just ordered a belt cp v2, cant wait It will be here early next week. Anyone who knows if there is any nice scale bodies out there for this heli?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.