RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Esky Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/)
-   -   ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........ (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/6427888-%22belt-cp-thread%22.html)

R.C.Lovett 12-20-2008 08:35 PM

RE: ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

ORIGINAL: phillyD

How do you bypass the gyro.

Seems strange; and the servo still works. Spool up carefully and see what response you are getting. Do not use the stock servo or you'll get spinning; at least that is what happened to me.

I don't think you issues are over using the stock TX.
Let me know what happens. I am using the Logictec.
Cheers

To bypass I just mean that I connected the stock servo direct to the rudder channel.

Also, should the stock TX be recognized by the 2100T as a JR type radio?

Is there a way to adjust the gain on the 2100T?

phillyD 12-20-2008 09:06 PM

RC Lovett
If you connect straight to the RX you will have no direction holding capacity and you'll really have to fly the tail. Do you think you got the skill to run a test. It may spin out faster than you can react. I would hate for you to crash(test pilot); it would be good info for us. When I had that issue(because of the stock servo-it cannot handle the info the gyro is sending), it would spin out at throttle position 2; before it got off the ground. You would have to spool up carefully and see what it does. Put on the insurance(training gear).

If I remember correctly only spectrum is recognised as JR. The recognition is for the RX, so the stock TX would not have a recognition; thus more issues will arise[:o]
You gotta set TX gain to 30% initially to set mechanical centering of servo-stock TX is a no go. I think you see the solution already.

billmay 12-21-2008 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: R.C.Lovett

The gain has to be adjusted remotely on the TX. If the stock TX is not capable of doing that, then I don't know how you can use the 2100T with it. When you power the heli up, what LED is lit up on the gyro (that tells you the gain setting)? If you flip the gear switch on the TX, does the TL (tail lock) led on the gyro go on and off?

Bill

USHobbySupply 12-21-2008 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: billmay

ORIGINAL: USHobbySupply

ORIGINAL: creteus

Billmay, do you know of any other feathering shafts that will fit the xmseller head? Does the trex fit?
I occasionally have stock of those, but am out right now. Trying to find a good supplier of those in china, my one guy said he could do it, but then said no. Still loooooking.

Michael
I kind of assumed that he was looking for a local supplier. He can order them online directly from Cncheli/xmseller and Helidirect also carries them under their HDX brand.

Bill
got a link?

R.C.Lovett 12-21-2008 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: R.C.Lovett

The gain has to be adjusted remotely on the TX. If the stock TX is not capable of doing that, then I don't know how you can use the 2100T with it. When you power the heli up, what LED is lit up on the gyro (that tells you the gain setting)? If you flip the gear switch on the TX, does the TL (tail lock) led on the gyro go on and off?

Bill
The gyro switch on the control will switch it on (TL) and off, but I don't think I have a way to adjust it. I've heard that it will work with the stock TX and it does seem to work but the gain is set on the 4th LED and I think that's just where it will have to stay I guess.

I think I know why the stick doesn't have to be moved full stick to get full servo range. I think that is a side effect of not actually having the tail moving on the bench. It makes the gyro think it has to change the pitch even more to get the rotation rate it's set for. Just a guess though.

phillyD 12-21-2008 07:53 PM

RC Lovett
I think I heard that the same time as you on this forum. And I was waiting for these same questions. I think the person who said that was just trying to help you quickly and slipped up.

The stick not causing more movement after 50% physical stick position is just plain and simple the radio. As I said before at least you are getting full servo travel with the stick at 50%-at least it seems so to (if that is what you said).

As for the 4th LED-I dare say there will be another issue. For me that setting is too much gain and the tail will keep pulsing back and forth-there is a phrase for it. Tail wag is big left to right movement. It will be tight rapid left to right movement. Will edit when I find the phrase.
Cheers

EDIT- You may be good to go for non heading hold mode. My LED is on the 4th LED and in tail lock mode it is on the 3rd. Only thing there is a lot of adjustment possible before the LED actually changes to another.
Take a spool up and tell me what next.
Save yourself some headache and do a FEDEX or USPS global express and resolve your issues before Christmas. Michael(ushobby) could be of great assistance

billmay 12-21-2008 07:57 PM

Billmay, do you know of any other feathering shafts that will fit the xmseller head? Does the trex fit?
I occasionally have stock of those, but am out right now. Trying to find a good supplier of those in china, my one guy said he could do it, but then said no. Still loooooking.

Michael
I kind of assumed that he was looking for a local supplier. He can order them online directly from Cncheli/xmseller and Helidirect also carries them under their HDX brand.

Bill
got a link?
http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...-shogun/Detail (individually from Cncheli)
http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...HDX-450/Detail (3 pack from Cncheli)
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=1204 (3 pack form Helidirect)

Bill

billmay 12-21-2008 08:33 PM

As for the 4th LED-I dare say there will be another issue. For me that setting is too much gain and the tail will keep pulsing back and forth-there is a phrase for it. Tail wag is big left to right movement. It will be tight left to right movement. Will edit when I find the phrase.
Cheers
PhillyD, well I'll give a different experience on this one. I have the 4th led lit up on both rate and TL mode and mine works fine. This is on my 3DX450 and not the Belt CP. My DX6i gyro settings are 0(rate mode)=30% and 1(heading hold mode)=70%. I've heard the terms "wagging" and "hunting" used and, depending on the reference, they almost seem to be interchangeable. Anyway, you generally want to use the highest gain that does NOT cause the tail to either shake or swing back and forth but that holds the tail steady.

R.C.Lovett, I think you just need to carefully test out your setup as PhillyD previously suggested. As you probably know, with the Logictech you want to setup your servo to be as mechanically "neutral" as possible in rate mode first. Spin her up in rate mode on a smooth, slippery surface until it gets light on the skids. Adjust the position of the servo back and forth small amounts on the boom until the tail does not rotate with the rudder stick in the neutral position (or only drifts slowly). If you really want to fine tune it actually lift it off the floor into a low hover and check it. Once you have it close, flip the switch to TL mode and you should be good to go. If you do end up with hunting or wagging in TL mode then the stock TX is going to be a problem. You would then either need to get a programmable TX or get another HH gyro that has a gain adjustment directly on the gyro itself.

Bill

creteus 12-21-2008 08:48 PM

Hey Bill, I went to the LHS this weekend checking on the trex feathering shaft for the 3dx head. The 3dx is 42.2 mm long and the trex is 41.5 mm long. What a shame huh. 1 mm off. You could probably make it work if you sanded about half the lip off the washers behind the grips. The heli repair guy said it would work for a temporary fix, without modifying the washers, till new parts arrived but would put alot of pressure on the outer bearings in the grips causing them to wear out quicker. Just thought i'd give you a heads up if anyone else asked.

Matt

billmay 12-21-2008 09:02 PM

Hey Bill, I went to the LHS this weekend checking on the trex feathering shaft for the 3dx head. The 3dx is 42.2 mm long and the trex is 41.5 mm long. What a shame huh. 1 mm off. You could probably make it work if you sanded about half the lip off the washers behind the grips. The heli repair guy said it would work for a temporary fix, without modifying the washers, till new parts arrived but would put alot of pressure on the outer bearings in the grips causing them to wear out quicker. Just thought i'd give you a heads up if anyone else asked.

Matt
Matt, I didn't think the ones for the TREX were quite right but wasn't sure. So did you buy the TREX for the temporary fix or did you just order them online?

Bill

creteus 12-21-2008 09:11 PM

Matt
Matt, I didn't think the ones for the TREX were quite right but wasn't sure. So did you buy the TREX for the temporary fix or did you just order them online?

Bill
I ordered some more. I have enough bad luck no need to push it:eek:. Is the 3 pack of feathering shafts on the xm site the right ones? I ordered the single ones that come with the washers because they say that they are for the 7505 CNC head and the three pack just says feathering shaft for cnc grips and has a different number.

billmay 12-21-2008 09:54 PM

[

Is the 3 pack of feathering shafts on the xm site the right ones? I ordered the single ones that come with the washers because they say that they are for the 7505 CNC head and the three pack just says feathering shaft for cnc grips and has a different number.
As long as they say 3mm X 42mm they should be OK. I've used the 3 pack ones (they just don't include the washers).

Bill

phillyD 12-21-2008 11:13 PM

Hey Bill
It' so good to get a chime from you. I agree with everything you said. Has it slipped me you are using the Logictec too. I think Mr Lovett' best option is to get a programmable radio and not another gyro. He already got a top gyro. I know you'll agree. He'll need to adjust other stuff and have no way to do it. Then he'll still be stuck with the possibility of glitches, improper antenna position etc. I am wondering now if that is what got creteus falling outta the sky.

Hey Creteus-what radio you are using.

Cheers Bill

Hornet05 12-21-2008 11:16 PM

Hey Guys, I will be busy this week, so wont have a chance on the day, but from me and family , have a very happy and safe Christmas and New Year,
May all your flights be true.

Enjoy the holidays
Cheerio
Me :D

phillyD 12-21-2008 11:26 PM

Many happy returns Bro Hornet; many happy returns.
Cheers

creteus 12-21-2008 11:37 PM

Hey Creteus-what radio you are using.

Cheers Bill
DX6i with the Ar6200 dual RX.

phillyD 12-21-2008 11:51 PM

Thanks Creteus
I was really baffled at your mishap. So it was either the batt or the esc. Hope it doesn't happen again.
Cheers

creteus 12-21-2008 11:57 PM

We'll see. The new fethering shafts will be here tomorrow or the next day. Now that i've knocked the fear of crashing and new off the heli when I get it back together again, I'm going to put the stock canopy back on and drive the hell out of it[sm=punching.gif]. If I have to ditch I'll put her on the side to save the skids and frame;). I'm not so worried now of the rebuild.

cjennjr 12-22-2008 12:04 AM

Hello, everyone: I've been down for at least two weeks waiting on a new DX6i tx - the original one that I ordered was defective; should be getting the new one tomorrow. One question regarding the tail blade rotation - mine rotate CLOCKWISE instead of counter-clockwise (I'm looking at the helo from the right where the tail fin is visible). Is this correct or not? I've also seen where on other alloy tail Belt CP's that the blades are positioned to spin clockwise. Which way is correct? I do have to go full right trim to get the helo stable. It even seems to rub on the gear sometimes. Also, I have thread lock on the tail, and I've tried to remove a screw with no luck? Am I stuck or what?

creteus 12-22-2008 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: cjennjr

Hello, everyone: I've been down for at least two weeks waiting on a new DX6i tx - the original one that I ordered was defective; should be getting the new one tomorrow. One question regarding the tail blade rotation - mine rotate CLOCKWISE instead of counter-clockwise (I'm looking at the helo from the right where the tail fin is visible). Is this correct or not? I've also seen where on other alloy tail Belt CP's that the blades are positioned to spin clockwise. Which way is correct? I do have to go full right trim to get the helo stable. It even seems to rub on the gear sometimes. Also, I have thread lock on the tail, and I've tried to remove a screw with no luck? Am I stuck or what?
The tail rotor should be turning counter clockwise from the picture. The top of the tail disk should be turning away from the front of the nose.

cjennjr 12-22-2008 12:33 AM

Okay - mine is correct. I still wonder why there's not much room for right rudder, even though I position the blades in the middle of the shaft at the beginning.

phillyD 12-22-2008 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Cjennjr
Once your blade are positioned correct like the pic your tail drive belt is twisted the wrong way.
Seems you did some tail replacement. Make sure your belt is not double twisted from the drive gear and give it a 1/4 turn clockwise viewing from the tail. the belt should be rolling over the top of the pulley going down; not over the botom of the pulley going up.

Generally the tail pitch slider assembly will not be in the middle of the shaft when you adjust the servo so the heli holds in a hover, in non heading hold mode. This could also be the reason why you gotta hold right rudder.

Did that screw come thread locked; or you did it. Use blue locktite not red. Is it a hex bolt? It will come out easier with a hex driver. If a phillips head(star) get the right size screw driver. if the star already damaged you'll need to get screw remover bit to use with your drill. Some one may need to help you hold the heli so you cn have the tail assembly flat on a hard surface, so you can apply pressure. If using the screw remover and you dont apply enough pressure it will eat off what little is left of the screw head.
Cheers

creteus 12-22-2008 08:18 AM

ORIGINAL: cjennjr

Okay - mine is correct. I still wonder why there's not much room for right rudder, even though I position the blades in the middle of the shaft at the beginning.

Make sure the links on the blade grips are on leading edge of the blades. When I got my belt in the mail they had the whole blade grip assembly on backwards with the links at the trailing edge of the blades. I also had to have full stick to keep it straight. Took forever to figure it out. look at your tail and the picture of mine and see if they are the same.

billmay 12-22-2008 08:40 AM

Hey Bill
It' so good to get a chime from you. I agree with everything you said. Has it slipped me you are using the Logictec too.
I'm not sure that I actually ever mentioned that I got the Logictech up and running with the 9257. Works well. Tail doesn't hold absolutely perfectly but that may be the colder weather and it's better than the Telebee was. Haven't flown much lately (it was only 13°F here this morning!)

I think Mr Lovett' best option is to get a programmable radio and not another gyro. He already got a top gyro. I know you'll agree.
I do agree. If you're going to stay in this hobby you're going to have to get a programmable radio sooner or later. If you do it sooner, you're learning success will go a lot quicker.

Bill

creteus 12-22-2008 01:39 PM

Well I just got my heli back together from the freak crash. Now I now why it went down. I got a bad servo. I had to replace the aliron servo from the first crash because the housing was cracked. Well the new one went out and thats what had to of caused the crash. Gears are good and all the wires on the inside are still soldered up. It just doesn't work. Man that makes me mad. The darn thing only worked for 5 minutes[:@]