RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Esky Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/)
-   -   ........."BELT-CP THREAD"........ (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/esky-helicopters-481/6427888-%22belt-cp-thread%22.html)

kiwibob72 07-30-2009 02:27 AM

RE: .........

1 Attachment(s)
Well .... I joined the dark side .... and went out and got a 50 nitro job to add to my Belt as large 22v batteries are just too cost prohibitive to get a 600 electric over here.

Still only got the frame and motor together, as I need to move on some items to fund the rc gear etc, but at least my foundation is set. Managed to get the kit with an OS50 Hyper at a LHS for slightly less than what I could have got an equivalent set up from Helikraft, so being able to physically go back and point out anything that was wrong with the kit and get it replaced was a bonus.

Still, the canopy is a bit of a pig, so now just have to come up with a variant of my other paint scheme that hides some of it's less flattering traits.

joeyhatch11 07-30-2009 05:18 AM

Hey Kiwi, Nice nitro and good luck with the build and getting her up and flying. Keep us posted. I think my next move will be a 500. But I have too much stuff I'd like to do to my 450 before I get there. Last night I ripped everything off the stock Esky frame to get ready for the new HDX450SE frame. I'm also trying to move somethings to get funds together to buy my new Futaba 7ch 2.4ghz. I think once all thats done, I'll be looking for something bigger.

billmay 07-30-2009 08:41 AM

ORIGINAL: kiwibob72

Well .... I joined the dark side .... and went out and got a 50 nitro job to add to my Belt as large 22v batteries are just too cost prohibitive to get a 600 electric over here.

Still only got the frame and motor together, as I need to move on some items to fund the rc gear etc, but at least my foundation is set. Managed to get the kit with an OS50 Hyper at a LHS for slightly less than what I could have got an equivalent set up from Helikraft, so being able to physically go back and point out anything that was wrong with the kit and get it replaced was a bonus.

Still, the canopy is a bit of a pig, so now just have to come up with a variant of my other paint scheme that hides some of it's less flattering traits.
Hey, Bob, great looking new heli!! Is that a flybarless setup? If so,what flybarless stabilization electronics are you planning to use with it?

Bill

phillyD 07-30-2009 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well guys
I'll add a big one to the mix too for viewing pleasure. The 22E was sold.
Cheerio

kiwibob72 07-31-2009 12:56 AM

ORIGINAL: billmay

Hey, Bob, great looking new heli!! Is that a flybarless setup? If so, what flybarless stabilization electronics are you planning to use with it?

Bill

No, just the way the photo looks.

She is a 'Gohbee Stinger 50' Raptor knock off, with the only real diff being that the main blades are above the flybar, vs being the other way round on a Raptor (and our beloved Belt CP's).

It'll be a 'little' while before I get her in the air (aiming at this side of x-mas), as I still have to get all the RC gear, starting gear, gyro etc, just took the opp to pick her up while I could, as at NZ$850 (US$527) as shown incl the wooden main blades, and with a OS50 Hyper motor added into the mix, I couldn't complain at all.[sm=biggrin.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=biggrin.gif]
It worked out the same as getting a 'Klone' Raptor knockoff off Helikraft with the same motor, but being it uses the raptor mechanical mixing system (the Klone is eCCPM), if I place her in the deck at anytime and can't get the Gohbee bits, I can go back to a normal raptor head setup in a pinch (as odds on they would be damaged in a crash as well, and would need replacing regardless).

Still, looking at the previously mentioned merchant, with getting the rest of what i need, it will odds on come from them, as they are dam cheap, and by all accounts their service is pretty good to boot!

billmay 07-31-2009 07:59 AM

Sounds good Bob. We'll be looking forward to keeping track of your progress on the build and flying!

kiwibob72 08-01-2009 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: phillyD

Well guys
I'll add a big one to the mix too for viewing pleasure. The 22E was sold.
Cheerio
That Gaui is one hell of a nice looking bird Phil!! ..... I don't know about you, but the Belt just looks 'tiny' ever since I assembled the 50's airframe ..... still, great (and cheap) to learn things on being if you can fly that, you should be able to fly anything!!

kiwibob72 08-08-2009 08:59 PM

DAM ... It's quiet in here

joeyhatch11 08-09-2009 06:40 AM

Yeah it doesn't seem like there is much going on anymore hahaha. I just converted my Belt CP V2 over to full HDX450SE. I got the head and tail to make the Belt more stable but after cracking the plastic frame and reading about how much better it is to have the servos connect directly to swash, I bought the HDX frame too haha. I got hit with the HDX bug and there is no cure for it. Because of the switch I've spent a lot of time on HeliFreak.com reading about the HDX. I also just ordered a new Futaba 7c 2.4ghz radio system and Futaba S9650 Digital tail servo. This heli should be rock solid once I get everything installed and tweaked. How are you guys making out with your helis?

phillyD 08-09-2009 09:54 PM

Yea Brothers
Had a lull in flying for about 10 days. Will try and get some in starting the coming week end.
Cheers

bionicbone 08-10-2009 06:59 AM

i'm taking a break too while i catch up on some other stuff. Its a shame as we've had some good flying weather here in the UK. Almost bought a rex 600 a couple of weeks back to keep up with you guys but looked at my money twice and need more research first. There must be better value helis that i can still get local parts for.

mustbfst 08-10-2009 01:46 PM

Hey guys its been awhile but I am back to belt cp as I now have a T-rex 450 sa, Exi 450 ,and am in the process of getting a Thunder tiger Raptor 50 Se but I still had to come back to the belt cp as it is what I learned to fly on and I am going to pass her on to my brother-in-law so he can learn its been about 8 months since I have even touched the belt and I need to put her back togther form the ground up I will keep you all posted

phillyD 08-10-2009 06:52 PM

Hey Bionic
Buzzflyer got the parts for the Gaui 550 I have. But it is better to get them from flying-hobby in china. They are half the price there. It takes four days to get the parts to me here. I dare say you'll get them in under 48hrs using EMS. Check out the gaui on youtube and then check phildevu on the tube to see mine, so you'll have a differential and it is a cheaper option.
Cheers

phillyD 08-22-2009 12:57 AM

Dead thread. Seems everyone is concentration while in inverted flight[:o][sm=lol.gif]

joeyhatch11 08-22-2009 05:51 AM

Well I no longer have a my Esky Belt V2. It's all been converted to a HDX450SE V2. I had to get something that was a direct to swash and didn't feel like modding the stock frame. At the same time I also got my new Futaba 7C 2.4ghz and a Futaba 9065 digital servo for the tail. The only thing left on my heli that's Esky is the gyro and I'll tell you what, that thing holds super nice with that digital servo on there. I'm going to continue to look for the Futaba GY520 on sale somewhere and get that but in the mean time the 704B is working awsome. Also thinking of swapping out my TowerPro 9g servo on cyclic for some Hitec 5065MG's, there digital as well and I'm told they perform very nice. But all-in-all I still like to pop in and see what you guys are up to and help out when I can.

kiwibob72 08-22-2009 04:26 PM

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

Well I no longer have a my Esky Belt V2. It's all been converted to a HDX450SE V2. I had to get something that was a direct to swash and didn't feel like modding the stock frame. At the same time I also got my new Futaba 7C 2.4ghz and a Futaba 9065 digital servo for the tail. The only thing left on my heli that's Esky is the gyro and I'll tell you what, that thing holds super nice with that digital servo on there. I'm going to continue to look for the Futaba GY520 on sale somewhere and get that but in the mean time the 704B is working awsome. Also thinking of swapping out my TowerPro 9g servo on cyclic for some Hitec 5065MG's, there digital as well and I'm told they perform very nice. But all-in-all I still like to pop in and see what you guys are up to and help out when I can.

PHOTOS MAN ... PHOTOS!!!

joeyhatch11 08-23-2009 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Full HDX450SE with HobbyWing 40A ESC, Scorpion -8 motor, Futaba S9650 Digital Tail servo, TowerPro 9g cyclic servos and E-Fly 11.1v 1800mah 25C lipos. There Hong Kong brand lipos that have many many cycles on them and work awsome.

kiwibob72 08-23-2009 11:46 PM

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

Full HDX450SE with HobbyWing 40A ESC, Scorpion -8 motor, Futaba S9650 Digital Tail servo, TowerPro 9g cyclic servos and E-Fly 11.1v 1800mah 25C lipos. There Hong Kong brand lipos that have many many cycles on them and work awsome.

Real nice looking heli!!

joeyhatch11 08-24-2009 05:24 AM

Thank you. The difference between that and the Belt V2 is like night and day. It feels real spot on with the servos connected right to the swash. Plus the new Futaba 7C is a HUGE help lol

toycoma98 08-24-2009 06:21 AM

It hovers stable but the frame is wobbley. I swapped out the main shaft with align hard carbon shafts and its still wobbley. Not the tail wobbley like a gyro problem because i never touched the tail. So what could be the problem?

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...ver-detail.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...ilver-tail.jpg

joeyhatch11 08-24-2009 07:21 AM

You have to look at your blade tracking and also make sure your belt is tight. A loose belt will give you that effect. Did you just installed those CNC parts and it started doing that? If so, you may have some bad cnc parts. Take a look at the feathering shaft too. Even with a slight bend it'll throw the head off.

phillyD 08-24-2009 10:44 AM

Toycoma
Be careful when tightening collars, mast on the shaft or tightening shaft to main gear. you need to support the area you are tightening; hold with a pliers to counteract the torque. It can bend stuff if you try tighten too much. For now you can also check your flybar and make sure it has equal length of bar on both sides fo the flybar cage; then make sure the the paddles end at same length from the flybar cage or from flybar to the start of the paddle where it screws in(we are hoping they were manufactured with the same weight and length with this method). Your blades may be too tight so they are not straighteneing easily on start up or too slack rocking around in the grips.
Cheers

m1k3mac 08-27-2009 01:50 AM

Hey Guys,

For anyone who is interested here's a little experiment I did with the head dampers. Last night after watching my Trex hovering hands off for 5 sec + (in my garage with no wind) I got some inspiration to pull the Belt CP (stock except blades and ESC) out of my closet for another go. Although the quality of these two heli's and flight characteristics is night and day I had a little hope that I could get it back in the air again - with a bit more stable flight.
Well the reason it ended up in the closet for so long was because the head and feathering shaft dampers are worn, I have had so many flights on this heli and it has paid for itself over and over again! [&:]

I decided to look firstly a the head dampers. Pulled them out and yes they were worn to #$%T! Not having any spare on hand I decided to make another plan. I had some new fuel tubing on hand, the one thats reddish in colour, it is also quite thick compared to the regular clear tubing that I am used to. I purchased this tubing from JR Heli. I simply cut off two small pieces of tubing and seated it in the recess where the o-rings would go. The tubing stuck out only about a mm on each side. I also removed the thin washer between the regular bearing and thrust bearing inside the blade grips. I could now tighten the feathering shaft nuts a bit tighter than I could before and still have nice smooth movement on the blade grips, there was also no play when I grabbed both blade grips and moved them in and out - towards the center hub and away from it. Now with the head feeling a lot firmer I decided to give it a bash.

Tracking is way better now even with the wood blades, and stability is mush better. I even tried 325mm woodies and she now hovers very nicely. Just a pity aboout no direct-to-swash servo control but at least this heli is back in the air and ready to pay for itself another 10 times over! :D

This idea came from the Trex as Align uses two o-ring dampers on each side of the feathring shaft which make the head a lot stiffer. The Belt CP only has one per side which does not give it much support.

Just thought I'd share this........:eek:

Navy_1 08-27-2009 07:07 PM

Hay all. well i have Been out to sea for the past 6 mounths i am due to pull back in in 5 day's so i going to try to get my belt up and flying after a few flights with the trusty F-40. i was haveing a issue befor i left. i could not get the pitch right at full throttel it was only getting abought 2 inches off teh ground. Disney1 said it could be a bad mofit on teh Speedcontrol. is it possable htat i have omthing set wrong when i leveled the swash plate to not allow full pitch? thakns all

phillyD 08-27-2009 11:22 PM

Hey Navy 1
Disney will give you the low down about checking your pitch range also.
Cheers